Monitors Which LCD?

undertaker

Skilled
Okay , I got an Acer 19" 1916ASD yesterday from CC for $188, turns out it had a horrible backlight bleed.Am returning it today(too bad they will charge me 15% restocking fees:no: ).I have my sights set on the Samsung 931BF(didn't like the widescreen ones).Any inputs for this one?Specs are over the top: a contrast ratio of 2000:1, 2ms GTG and 300 cd/m2.
Both the Dell FP1907 and VX2025 are out coz they have a confirmed backlight bleed on a high percentage of the monitors.

How about the viewsonic VP930b if you can find it somewhere?

OT: Get the 2407 FPW if you can(not WFP... this is the fixed model). Dell has it on sale for 769$ :p

Thanks,thats on my shortlist along with the VX922, and the Samsung 931BF,I however am looking for retail stores as from my experience there is a high chance of a faulty unit in monitors(no I can't stand even one dead pixel..sorry) and most will allow u to change it many times in the 15 days or one month from purchase date.

(BTW I severely displeased the CC rep by loading the Nokia monitor test with my thumb drive on their computer and pointing out the backlight bleed on almost all units on display,lol.)

What about the Sony ones, sure they cost a bomb, but the colors are magnificient, esp on those with XTRABRITE coating,I mean other LCDs don't even come close!I think they use the S-IPS panels as they are rated at 12ms.The 19" one goes for arnd $350.

That has a backlight bleed.The guy who got it posted pics and it was obvious that there was a significant bleed at the top.

if you are talking about the pic that i posted, it was not due to backlight bleeding. the lightning was so screwed up that i had to play around with the flash. anyway, after you posted that, i checked for it (put on some dark color as background, then saw it in complete darkness) - i couldnt see any bleeding. my eye is not trained to look for it, but still i think its all right

My next try will be the Envision 19" widescreen for $180 all incl from officemax, and luckily they don't charge restocking fees,so just rteurn it and get ur money back.

Chaos said:
How about the viewsonic VP930b if you can find it somewhere?

OT: Get the 2407 FPW if you can(not WFP... this is the fixed model). Dell has it on sale for 769$ :p

Chaos, I don't think that dell has fixed all issues with their 2407's. (FPW, WFP whatever) you can go through very long threads at WSGF or hardforums etc. everyone seems to be very dissatisfied with the dell's new cheap lineup even the revised monitors have significant banding and component input problems. and from where did you get that price?($769 that's only about 36k) is it in India??? cause it is 54K at dell.co.in (see the bottom of the page)
please give me a link or something, i've had my eye on this monitor for about 3 months.

Chaos said:
Viewsonic VP930B 19in LCD Monitor Black Retail at ZipZoomFly

299$ how much cheaper do you want it to be :p. For 300$ its a top class display.

I use VP930B and its awesome.

here is a picture its a little hazzy due to my digicam the spot of light on the LCD is the flash of the digicam:

I can show more pictures tomorrow on request.

Google said:
cause it is 54K at dell.co.in (see the bottom of the page)

please give me a link or something, i've had my eye on this monitor for about 3 months.

Dell.co.in is showing 40k for the Dell 2407FPW 24" Ultrasharp Wide Screen Flat Panel LCD Monitor :p

^^ WTF!!!! I swear Udit it was showing 54K just an hour back i checked it before posting.. well that's good news :) only if chaos sir confirms that the A02 revision has fixed the problems i'll go for it.

Google said:
Chaos, I don't think that dell has fixed all issues with their 2407's. (FPW, WFP whatever) you can go through very long threads at WSGF or hardforums etc. everyone seems to be very dissatisfied with the dell's new cheap lineup even the revised monitors have significant banding and component input problems. and from where did you get that price?($769 that's only about 36k) is it in India??? cause it is 54K at dell.co.in (see the bottom of the page)

FPW is different from WFP... its just released a few days back AFAIK. I saw it in a hot deals section of some forum... don't rmr where... will have to recheck the source.

Will be getting the Samsung 931BF this week, no cheapo ones for me anymore.Saw one on display today, amazing.Hopefully I will be unbanned when I get it so I can post a review then.:eek:hyeah:

Back