Video Which LED TV to go for?

I have seen the first two, and the Samsung one is visibly better, No idea about Panasonic, i recommend u checkout all the models yourself and see, I will recommend Samsung though.

For a small screen size like 32" a led lit won't make much difference in the power consumption.So you could get a normal CCFL lcd.

I have seen the D5000 with a CMO panel many times so i wouldn't really recommend that.

You could go with the D580 or the EX520.If you consider the grey market you can go with cx520 which cost around 25k

Hi Guys,

Just now, I went to the electronic store and saw all three above listed models.

Panasonic and Sony are Smart TV. But there is no built in Skype app in Sony TV.

Samsung model is not a Smart TV. Rest of the features and specifications are same for all the models. Also, Panasonic is giving 3 yrs warranty and rest two models come with 1 yr warranty

Price wise Panasonic (35k) < Samsung (37k) < Sony (44k). All the prices are negotiable

You need to update the Sony tv to the latest firmware to get skype.
I still suggest you to get the D580 or EX520.If you want a smart tv from samsung in 32" size you have to go with D5900 it doesn't have a web browser.

The Sony xreality based tvs don't play MKV files nor do they support NTFS formated HDD.

After all the confusions/comparisons, i am zeroing in on UA40D5900. I checked with few stores and found that they have HQ01 panel, which the salesman mentioned it's manufactures in India by samsung. As adder mentioned the D5000 or D5500 had either CN** (CMO) or AC** (AUO) panels. I could not find SS** or SQ** panels in 40" or below. The D5900 also look elegent and with few bucks more than D5500, it's a good buy.

Only warning from one of the salesmen is D5500 is there for couple of years and it's a market tested product and D5900 is new. Also the D5900 is specific to Indian market (not global).

regarding Warrenty, the salesman told that non of the LCD/LED Tv covers warrenty for Panels (i really need to cross check on this).

I will be getting and installing this LED TV in couple of days. Will write something on that soon.

Another note from Salesman: Sony Ex520 PQ is better than samsung leds. I did not had a chance to compare them side-by-side, but i am hearing that from many stores.

Back