Linux Which Linux based torrent downloading software supports peering?

Hello experts,

After reading here I start using qBitorrent client for a change, There is a 'Web' under option and there is 'Remote' check box too, but till now can't figure out how to use Remote feature on qBittorrent client such as 'remote.utorrent.com' where I can add torrent file magnet link from a different PC / Tablet outside home network over 3G.

Is that kind of feature available for qBittorrent ?

Downloaded the Android client but it always say 'authentication failed' after configuring everything.

Hello experts,

After reading here I start using qBitorrent client for a change, There is a 'Web' under option and there is 'Remote' check box too, but till now can't figure out how to use Remote feature on qBittorrent client such as 'remote.utorrent.com' where I can add torrent file magnet link from a different PC / Tablet outside home network over 3G.

Is that kind of feature available for qBittorrent ?

Downloaded the Android client but it always say 'authentication failed' after configuring everything.
Are you using qBitTorrent on your Pi?

In the Web tab, specify the port, username and password. Click "Apply".

Now type this in the browser of your phone/PC which is on same local network as the machine on which qBitTorrent is running -
<IP address of machine>:<port no specified in web tab>
e.g - 192.168.1.100:8080

It will prompt you for username/password. Input the credentials which you have specified in the Web tab.

For Android -
Use the IP as host name in Transdroid. Specify the port in advanced settings. And select the torrent client from drop down. You will be able to connect after that.

Now type this in the browser of your phone/PC which is on same local network as the machine on which qBitTorrent is running -

It will prompt you for username/password. Input the credentials which you have specified in the Web tab.

For Android -
Use the IP as host name in Transdroid. Specify the port in advanced settings. And select the torrent client from drop down. You will be able to connect after that.

Hi,

I'm using it in a low power net book running windows 7.

Already Enable Web Interface and the port number 8080. Also assign user name and password - Yes I can able to use (after Login at the same machine) in browser and that is it.

Can't access it from other machine under same network via WEB UI.

I guess that the limitation.

Where in utorrent after enabling the remote feature I can even able to see download progress as well add remove torrent as well control speed from other commuter at the same network - even I can do the same from my work place which is 80km away from my download box.

But qBitTorrent client I found is very fast and lightweight compare to utorrent, hence want to use it.

For Android -
Nope transmission only . Used deluge for a brief period , but due to improper shutdown deluge used to take a lot of time when it powered back on. So I still use transmission.

I prefer transmission. Have had it running for over 300 days at a time with no need of intervention. Plus transmission has a web 'client' & installable windows client as well, so you can add/ remove/ check status of the torrents using the transmission client running on any other machine locally.

Transdroid
When I started using this on dd-wrt I think this wasnt there :p and after sometime I had tried it but had faced some errors and things. Anyway I again tried it and completely fell in love with it now :) . I used to use remote transmission , that was pretty nice as well apart from the fact that the tracker info was not shown .

I have seen the same issues with Transmission. And to add to that, btcache caused slowdowns (dunno with which - transmission or utorrent). Hence blocked the entire btcache subnet.

Back