PC Peripherals Which Low power & efficient PSU ?

Shakensoul

Skilled
Need a PSU for a very lower power/basic download rig, but the main criteria is it should be power efficient as it will almost run 24x7.

The only components right now will be amd athlon type cpu+ basic mobo and 1 HDD. Maybe later on will convert it into a media PC.

The PSU's that I have shortlisted are

1. Zebronics PRO 350W ~ 1.5k

2. Gigabyte Superb 460W ~2.2k

Max budget is 2.2k, but will the Gigabyte be an overkill for the basic rig ?

But not sure if the Zebronics is really power efficient. But cheaper the better :)

BTW, if anyone has a used above mentioned SMPS for sale, PM me ;)

That PC and the intended media PC can easily run off the Zebronics Pro Power 3.5k. The Gigabyte Superb's going to be an overkill for that setup! The Pro Power 350W is available for under 1.5k.

ask mediahome for the zebby.. afaik he sells them here. I picked up one of these a few months back down here in Madras for 1.4k from Delta

Oh, I hope he's okay. I did PM him but got no response.

I also enquired at the Zebronics distri but it was out of stock.

Is the Zebronics PRO 350 80% efficient as they claim ?

^Sadly there's no UL number on the PSU sticker to verify that but Saiyan had previewed the Pro Power 600W and he did say it's a good PSU going byt the components inside, such as the make of the caps, heavy heatsinks etc. although he could not test it on a setup.

I'm intending to get a Pro 350 for my Atom setup. Pretty much a good entry level power supply I'd say.

Shakensoul said:
Oh, I hope he's okay. I did PM him but got no response.

I also enquired at the Zebronics distri but it was out of stock.

Is the Zebronics PRO 350 80% efficient as they claim ?

Isn't that 80+ rating given by an independent agency?

Emil said:
Isn't that 80+ rating given by an independent agency?

Yep it is..

the Zebby claims that it is 80+. though it might not be 80+, its still basically the best PSU you can buy for around 1.5k.

This is again based upon Saiyan's review/overview of a higher level Zebby model as well as Eddy saars comments.

I went to lamington Road after over 25 years on Saturday. :)

Couldn't find the Zebby Pro 350W anywhere. Someone tried to sell me the Pro 600W for Rs 3600/- and I said no thank you.

The Zebronics Pro 350 is out of stock in Delhi, called up the main office and they said its expected after 16th Aug maybe.

I might go for the Gigabyte Superb 460W instead.

No psu is overkill imho. :p

Gigabyte one should be a better bet in the long run i feel, especially with mediacentre/HTPC plans for the future. :)

Anyone using cabinets from Circle ? The cabinets looked very decent specially the small ones which can be used as a HTPC cabinet.

welcome

The Circle Bloom red series looks very appealing and the size is very compact.

circle cabinet, Computers Peripherals items at low prices on eBay India

Its available for approx 1900-2000 and a micro-atx SMPS is also included. I am thinking, instead of going for a SMPS for 2k, to get this cabinet now and maybe upgrade the SMPS later :eek:hyeah:

Zebronics PRO 350W is now available at Nehru Place, Delhi.

Distributor quoted 1450+4%VAT for 1 piece.

Got it for 1550 from Computer Empire along with some other stuff. I think CE was relunctant to order more quantity from the distri as they were not sure if it is in demand, once it becomes more popular, the prices might come down further.

Quality looks pretty decent and weight is 1.4kg.

Not yet tested.

IMG_9374.jpg

IMG_9377.jpg

IMG_9381.jpg

IMG_9383.jpg

IMG_9387.jpg

One question though, is the the Fan on the PSU an intake or exhaust fan ?

Because the placement is not very convenient, the CPU fan sits right below the PSU fan.

Back