CPU/Mobo Which MB?

coolpepe

Disciple
Recentally i got myself E4400 C2D with Intel946 MB. I am not happy with the MB at all. I have searched online for 965MBs and pinpointed Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 and XFX 650i Ultra which fit in my budget. Can u guys suggest me on this. I also think that it (MB) should be 45nm compatible. THANKS in advance.

Close your eyes and go for XFX 650i. By saying not happy with the mobo what do you mean...xfx is recommended if you are thinking bout OCing your proccy, otherwise it depends upon your needs.

if oc is your main concern then as suggested earlier...xfx 650i is the most VFM mobo for overclocking. You can easily oc your e4400 to 2.7-2.8Ghz on stock cooler

Guys can someone tell the prices & availability of these MB's in Nehru Palace and the Add & Mob. Nos of the Dealer if possible. Thanks in advance.

^^^now that would be a overkill...Price should be somewhere around Rs. 5000, go to NP and do some bargaining....Look out for Computer Empire and SMC International, a new one is Cost to Price(or something like that), these shops would give you the best prices. Availability might be an issue, when i tried a couple of months ago, i didnt find the XFX650i anywhere in NP(rest of India didnt have any issues with availability at that time) and had to buy P5NE SLI instead.

Thanks for the reply thebanik. Actually i live in Himachal (Kullu-Manali). Therfore i was asking the price as i whenever some friend of mine goes to Delhi i will ask him to bring the MB for me.

yup.. xfx 650i ultra is the way to go:) .. using this mobo with e4400@3150 mhz ..

cant go higher than that . but the issue is with the proci and not the mobo ..

Back