PC Peripherals Which MFP for home usage - HP/Canon/Epson?

Dienekes

Disciple
I want to purchase an all-in-one inkjet printer for home purpose, mostly including occasional book, photo prints and usual day-to-day print/scan/copy. My daily usage won't be more than 5-10 pages.

After going through the previous threads on TE and a high-level web searching, I've reached to the following models:
HP - Photosmart C4600/4700 series
Canon - Pixma MP497/MP287
Epson - TX220/TX121
I've heard about Brother but wasn't able to decide on any of their models.

My main concerns are (in their respective priority order):
1. Print Quality
2. Ink/refilling cost
3. Service
And my budget is capped at 7k.

From your experiences and knowledge, kindly provide your suggestions.

Thanks!

Get cannon. Better quality and cheaper cartridges.

Have used many HP printers and really got pissed with the prices at which they sell cartridges, plus after prolong usage the MFP stopped fetching paper automatically. So one has to push one by one, its a PITA considering the amount of docs you print.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Get cannon. Better quality and cheaper cartridges.

Have used many HP printers and really got pissed with the prices at which they sell cartridges, plus after prolong usage the MFP stopped fetching paper automatically. So one has to push one by one, its a PITA considering the amount of docs you print.

You should get the Epsons !

Cheapest and easiest to maintain. They have these refillable cartridges. Epson 73N. Search on eBay.

+1 to rajshah's recco, or you can also consider brother with the refillable cartridges.. im using one currently and i just love the feeling of how carelessly i can print.. :)

p.s: also using an epson tx300f with refillable cartridges but not really impressed with its printing quality since the start even with original carts.. altho its value for money aswell!

IIRC, Canon cartridges are priced at around 9XX for B/W and 10XX for Colour.

Given their capacity and how long they last (in comparison to HP), they are worth the price.

Can't really comment on refills. Everything else is acceptable, as far as Canons' are concerned. I have a Pixma MP180.

Back