Which mobile for <8K?

zhopudey

Skilled
Hi, a friend wants to buy a new mobile. As i use a cell only for calls and sms, I'm not in a position to help him, so maybe u guys can help.

His budget is 8K max. He is looking for mp3, FM, audio/video playback. Camera is not required, and gaming is also not that important.

He is currently considering between ngage qd and 3300. Any other models he should consider? Sony, motorla or any other suggestions are also welcome.

Ngage QD....had video playback and mono audio playback..Dosent hav FM

Nokia 3300...had Stereo MP3( it has respectable mp3 playback capabilities) and FM...but cant playback videos...

if he can spend 11K...he can get Motorola E398 wid mp3 capability and video playback for 10K and buy a handsfree supporting radio for 1K....so he gets all da features he needs...
and also gets a descent VGA cam wid flash...

NOTE: Classic Ngage has all da features u need..and u shud get it in 8-9K but availability is a huge prob

ngage qd does not have the fm
if music is the only purpose then go for 3300 or ngage (old)
3300 is available for 5.5k
and ngage for 8 to 9k (my friends got those quotes)
those are the two phones you can get in that budget
but dont forget you wont manufacuters warranty on both of them
so go for 3300 and from money you'll save go get the mmc card

and yes i think dont go for e398
i have one and its very hard to get the t flash card for which is used in that
i have 128mb card which is not enough and no built in radio
but no way a nokia can compare its music quality
so try to avoid that

The SE k300i. Sony claims its their summer hit (i own one :p)

It has good mp3 playback (low memory), video playback (mp4, 3gp), NO fm:(, Nice camera. 7.7k

Thanx for the suggestions guys..but my friend has decided to drop the phone and just buy a mp3+FM player. Theres a excellent offer on ebay - Sony 1GB mp3/fm/voice recorder for 4999/-

:huh:
zhopudey said:
Thanx for the suggestions guys..but my friend has decided to drop the phone and just buy a mp3+FM player. Theres a excellent offer on ebay - Sony 1GB mp3/fm/voice recorder for 4999/-

u sure its sony authentic.....i never heard of a sony mp3 +fm + voice recorder

IceFusion said:
:huh:

u sure its sony authentic.....i never heard of a sony mp3 +fm + voice recorder
the sony muvo tx-fm is mp3+fm+voice recorder. but the 128mb version itself is 4999/-

my cousin got the 512mb for 6500 frm US
EDIT: 100th POST :clap:

zhopudey said:
Actually I'm rather doubtful about that. Its very cheap compared to other 1gb players. Also the dealer doesnt have any ratings. Heres the link -
http://promo.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=0&track=MERC_VI&&fromPageType=284&random=159

WTF????????? It was 4999/- 2 days ago...

ermm..link not opening for me...but just for info...the muvo tx-fm had decent sound quality and no crackling at full volume. FM reception was excellent and headfones are very comfortable. dint try voice recording..but it can record upto complete available memory. works on an AAA battery

zhopudey said:
Actually I'm rather doubtful about that. Its very cheap compared to other 1gb players. Also the dealer doesnt have any ratings. Heres the link -

http://promo.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?GetCrossPromos&strsellerid=electro_gadgets&seller=216378112&item=5791991993&storecat=0&category=80020&listedsite=203&method=1&view=1&shipdiscount=0&track=MERC_VI&&fromPageType=284&random=159

WTF????????? It was 4999/- 2 days ago...

bottom line. Dont deal with baazee/ebay. Theere are just too many frauds.

Your friend should extend his budget by another 1500 and go for Motarola E398. It has Quality Mp3, MP4 Video, Memory Cards and Camera. Otherwise He is better off with a Phone in the 5k range. No Point in spending near the 8k range. They wont be value for money.

Back