Which mp3 player and earphone

Rupinder

Disciple
as i am going for the first time on a long bike trip ,i would like to take my music with me .i dont want to play music on the phone and discharge its battery ,so i want a dedicated mp3 player.it should be at least 32gb as i have songs at 320bit rate.
any mp3 player which plays flac files
i want mp3 with good sound quality and a good pair of earphone
should i go for ipod ,creative zen or philips . is any other mp3 player is easily available i can get it from delhi also.

about earphone i was thinking of seinheisser .is any other good quality ear phones available and if seinheisser which model should i go for .i wear a turban so only earphones for me.

Whats your overall budget mate.. allotment towards the player and the earphones..

These r basic questions and everything starts from there..

Anyways cowons and sansa's play flac.

Between the ipod, creative and philips, id go with the ipods for obvious reasons..

In terms of SQ, the cowons and sansas are better then the ipods.

I suggest you read some of the earlier threads in the audio section to clear any of your basic doubts and then experts here can get into specifics with you.. Else what will happen is, people will start suggesting different things and you will simply get confused.

But if 32gb is a must, Simply go the ipod way or get yourself a cowon s9 or j3 32gb///

For that kinda storage, back-up and the ability to play FLAC u need a sansa fuze with 2 16gb memory cards and a dedicated wall charger ( i don't know where u can find one) and sound magic PL-11, while riding u would need something very loud. Rest all players are either very expensive or bulky for your purpose.

thanks guys i guess 15k for the player and 2k for the phones .can u guys guide where where in north (delhi ) i can get cowon ,sansa .also the price and where to find sound magic pl-11

ok guys which mp3 player

ipod touch,cowond2 ,sansa fuze

for the earphone i think i will go foir sound magic p21

i like to listen to all kind of music from rock ,hindi, gazals to punjabi

S9 32gb(17k) - negotiate with Contact Us

J3 16gb(add a 16gb card) -under 15k incl card price

D2+ 16gb(add a 16gb card) - under 15k incl card price

Most of the members will recommend u above,if you want quality and superb battery playback(i guess thats what is important when going for a long drive)

EDIT : All Cowon players play FLAC
rest of the suggested brands does not have flac support..

i guess sansa is out of the question simply because there is no official warranty as it is not officially available.and i being living in ludhiana wont like to gamble on seller's warranty.

which cowon mp3 player has good sound quality and easy to use interface

^ Sansa Clip/Fuze play FLAC as well. Who said there's no warranty on Sansa? Sansa Fuze very well has local Indian warranty.

This is what you should be getting:

Cowon D2 + 16GB card

Head-Direct RE2

Look no further. :)

If you dont need video , then no point getting D2 , its too bulky . I'd suggest get the 8GB Fuze (~5.8k) and bundle it with a 16GB microSD and an RE-2

D2+ can also be used for picture browsing thats a good feature with slideshow..

You cant resist watching video on D2+

But OP wants 32gb or more here..

Sansa fuze battery playback is half of D2+,screen size is 1.9'' only.

I am using D2 and its not at all bulky,bulky will be something like Cowon V5

thanks guys i have ordered d2 +16 gb along with leather case for 9999rs this was the current price from lipap .

which company are the re2 phones i want ear phones no headphones as i cant wear them over my turban

Back