Laptops Which Netbook - Samsung N140 or Asus 1005HA?

hp-india said:
Between Samsung N138 and Lenovo S10-2, which is better?
Both have almost similar specs. The Lenovo has the N280 Atom compared to the N270 of Samsung, but I'm not sure if there'll be much difference. Although the white colour of Lenovo is tempting, the protruding battery puts me off. I believe the Samsung doesn't have a protruding battery.
Which one should I lean towards..?

speaking for myself, have stopped looking at other 10.1 netbooks ,.some have glossy screen, some have potruding battery and most have samller keyboard thatn samsung line up of netbooks i think battery life, specs, screen and the price samsung has the best combo. HCL today has come up with new netbook with embedded 3g capabilities `hcl me netbook 06' . initial price announced is 18990 or 19900 plus rs. 5999 worth of reebok tracksuit free

^^ I was watching that item for a friend, and it seems the price has been revised by the seller. I remember previously the item was listed for 14990 or something..! Too bad.

The N128 remains the best buy right now.

hp-india said:
^^ I was watching that item for a friend, and it seems the price has been revised by the seller. I remember previously the item was listed for 14990 or something..! Too bad.

The N128 remains the best buy right now.

No that was N140. Its still there: eBay India: Samsung Netbook Mini Laptop - N140 (black) 1 Yr wrnty (item 380190966051 end time 30-Dec-2009 22:38:41 IST)

But it has a 900 flat rate shipping charge so even after discount its still 14.9K

The N138 is coming costlier than N140, which makes no sense :lol:

No. I had the item in my watch list as well as shopping cart, waiting just for my friend's confirmation - the N138 came to 14990 + 400 = 15390.

Check here: Item Revision Details

The seller had indeed revised the price.

Right now, I feel it would be better to go for the N128 and install your own OS.

Oh man! The reason that seller gave for pricing N138 higher than N140 is that only few N138 are available. Not very convincing - when N140 is upgraded N138. Why would anyone buy N138 now?

^^ With Pine Trail processor, the new Acer one looks good, and seems to have chiclet style keyboard. But should not have had that freebie - even a portable hard disk instead of that would have been great. So, still I suppose the N140 deal in Deals of the Week is better.

Anyone has idea about reliability of goodvalue_99 dealer? I am all set to buy N140, but a bit worried about negative feedbacks the dealer got last month.

^^ Another issue with Acer is that it has a glossy screen. Still a very good product though.

I think we will see more of pine train based netbooks before the month is over on ebay.

You will be better off buying from veedee. The guy looks more reliable.

The successor to samsung N140 has already been launched in US and is listed at newegg. Samsung has said that they will go for a pan Asian launch with January so its best to wait and check the prices of the samsung models also.

Also the Acer CrystalBriteâ„¢ LED-backlit display won't be good for outdoor use..?

Back