CPU/Mobo Which of these mobos are good to buy?

bssunilreddy

Skilled
Hello all,

Which of these mobos are good to buy?

Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC
Or
MSI B550M Pro VDH Wifi

Your thoughts on the stability of the above mobos.

Gigabyte B550M DS3H / Aorus Elite - Cheapest with VRM heat sink. Aorus is same board with better heat sink.
MSI B550M Pro-vdh WiFi - Best price-to-performance/features
From an older thread. I'm assuming no new options have come to the market since.

Of these, the MSI is slightly better in terms of thermals, but if you're looking to use with a Ryzen 9 series CPU, checkout the Bazooka.

MSI B550M Pro VDH Wifi Is an S tier board at its price range. The best if you need wifi and bluetooth at budget. It has PCI-e Gen 4 and premium VRMs. Moreover, it has bios flashback and debug leds. Needs a case with a USB-C front port if you want to use USB-C. I’m not a paid shill its just that good.

Dont you already have an Asrock?
I don't have that Asrock board now since I changed my cabinet to Galax Revolution.3 I changed my mobo as well to Gigabyte A520M DS3H. But I need wifi and bluetooth so was looking at the above two mobos and need suggestions at which one to go with.

I also have MSI A520M Vector Wifi mobo which is costing around 8k. Is this a good mobo to go with?

I don't have that Asrock board now since I changed my cabinet to Galax Revolution.3 I changed my mobo as well to Gigabyte A520M DS3H. But I need wifi and bluetooth so was looking at the above two mobos and need suggestions at which one to go with.

I also have MSI A520M Vector Wifi mobo which is costing around 8k. Is this a good mobo to go with?
I presume you still are on 5600x.
You should get one of those 570 series mobos ASB500 is much older now yet rock stable.

I'm on Asus B550 wifi gaming and onboard Wifi/BT was my priority hence ditched 570 deals and went for this and its worth every penny for the features.
B570 were newer releases back then when I was building my rig and I know how badly B450 series suffered so didn't wanted to take risk with B570 so went ahead with the super stable B550.

Why not just go for usb wifi ? cheap and works fine. I have been using tp link usbs for years, almost a decade without failure. Can be quirky sometimes but overall works great.

Just did a search and it seems we also have wifi+bluetooth.

Why not just go for usb wifi ? cheap and works fine. I have been using tp link usbs for years, almost a decade without failure. Can be quirky sometimes but overall works great.

Just did a search and it seems we also have wifi+bluetooth.
Can you post any buy link for tplink wifi+bluetooth USB adapter .

I bought a tplink wifi adapter for my present mobo but it's not working properly.
I presume you still are on 5600x.
You should get one of those 570 series mobos ASB500 is much older now yet rock stable.

I'm on Asus B550 wifi gaming and onboard Wifi/BT was my priority hence ditched 570 deals and went for this and its worth every penny for the features.
B570 were newer releases back then when I was building my rig and I know how badly B450 series suffered so didn't wanted to take risk with B570 so went ahead with the super stable B550.
Can you or anybody suggest some good B550M mobo for my Ryzen 5 5600X?
Edit some good wifi + bluetooth B550M mobo. Please anybody suggest.
Does A520M mobos with wifi+ bluetooth any good?

Can you post any buy link for tplink wifi+bluetooth USB adapter .
I cannot recommend anything specific as i have not bought one with bluetooth. Just searching 'usb wifi bluetooth adapter' in amazon gives many results.

I bought a tplink wifi adapter for my present mobo but it's not working properly.
I am currently using TL-WN722N (v1.1) and have also bought 2 different versions of WN725N in last decade ( last one bought in 2018) and all work ok.

Just some stuff below if it helps,
1) Only sometimes after restarting pc without switching off power it stops working, only when dual booting between linux and windows. Fix is either to shutdown and reset pc power when switching or if already booted then just remove and add back wifi usb.
2) For a while, my windows installation did something and wifi wasn't working well ( and was working under Linux ). After i reinstalled windows while upgrading, it started working again. So windows someohow messed it up.
3) I use tp link drivers and not from windows update. Windows might install on its own - to avoid that i blocked it from updating driver for the device. Make sure to use the driver for your version. Each model can have multiple versions - they keep same name while updating internals.

I cannot recommend anything specific as i have not bought one with bluetooth. Just searching 'usb wifi bluetooth adapter' in amazon gives many results.

I am currently using TL-WN722N (v1.1) and have also bought 2 different versions of WN725N in last decade ( last one bought in 2018) and all work ok.

Just some stuff below if it helps,
1) Only sometimes after restarting pc without switching off power it stops working, only when dual booting between linux and windows. Fix is either to shutdown and reset pc power when switching or if already booted then just remove and add back wifi usb.
2) For a while, my windows installation did something and wifi wasn't working well ( and was working under Linux ). After i reinstalled windows while upgrading, it started working again. So windows someohow messed it up.
3) I use tp link drivers and not from windows update. Windows might install on its own - to avoid that i blocked it from updating driver for the device. Make sure to use the driver for your version. Each model can have multiple versions - they keep same name while updating internals.
While using tplink adapter it does not sometimes connect to wifi network.

I have reinsert the tplink into the USB port for it to work.
I bought the 2nd adapter you have specified, used it in 2017 and later sold it here itself. I think.

Now am stuck with this problem.

So wanted to have a stable working wifi port.

While using tplink adapter it does not sometimes connect to wifi network.

I have reinsert the tplink into the USB port for it to work.
yeah, for me this mainly happens after restart without powering down, esp when dual booting. If i take care to shutdown + turn off and turn on power then it works. Power switch is within arm distance for me so not an issue.
Otherwise, probably rare. I have it connected to monitor usb port where its very easy to reinsert.

Anyway, i don't have experience with motherboard with built in wifi. I have the non wifi version of B550m ds3h + 3300x ( used it for couple of years, now meant for family member) and it works fine. It should work fine with 5600x too, but probably does not have VRMs for 5900x+.

MSI B550M Pro VDH Wifi has many good reviews but I want the opinions of the forum members regarding the 2 mobos before going for a purchase.
Usually these high end wifi mobos are always good with zero errors..you can go for either of them depending on budget. YT reviews is something you should consider if you have doubts as not many here use M sized mobos.

Usually these high end wifi mobos are always good with zero errors..you can go for either of them depending on budget. YT reviews is something you should consider if you have doubts as not many here use M sized mobos.
Where should I buy them from?
I got a deal for MSI B550M Pro VDH Wifi at 9.6k from facebook forums from a guy who co-owns TLG Gaming.
I also got a deal from another guy for MSI A520M Vector Wifi for 7.9k
Which one should I go with? Please tell me. Thanks.

I got a deal for MSI B550M Pro VDH Wifi at 9.6k from facebook forums from a guy who co-owns TLG Gaming.
Great deal

B550M Pro VDH WiFi is a great VFM mobo, can handle 5800X3D easily if you decide to upgrade later.

mobo VRM all B550 (2).png

mobo VRM all B550 (1).png

Cannot comment for fb groups man, off-late many scams going on, just last week heard several duping scams on well-known groups that too by elite members so really cannot trust such platforms except outy forum tbh.
Dont fall for a used mobo instead get from md, prime etc. and be at peace will be my wise advise!

Last edited:
Back