Storage Solutions Which one of the 2?

LaatSahab

Skilled
OR

Usage would be as Data dump, taking data from either the main rig's internal HDD or the other external 2TB HDD when they get filled. I'm not particularly looking for speed but reliability and robustness. My 2TB HDD is a Seagate one which has been working fine for almost a decade now without any problem.
Moreover, I'm open to suggestion regarding going for such high capacity external HDD or an internal 3.5 inch SATA HDD to be used with dock, terms of reference being ease of use, reliability and robustness. Dock in question would be base of aforementioned 2TB HDD as it's a modular one.

OR

Usage would be as Data dump, taking data from either the main rig's internal HDD or the other external 2TB HDD when they get filled. I'm not particularly looking for speed but reliability and robustness. My 2TB HDD is a Seagate one which has been working fine for almost a decade now without any problem.
Moreover, I'm open to suggestion regarding going for such high capacity external HDD or an internal 3.5 inch SATA HDD to be used with dock, terms of reference being ease of use, reliability and robustness. Dock in question would be base of aforementioned 2TB HDD as it's a modular one.
Seagate looks better option as you have usb ports on it so you can expand your storage

I would just go with whatever is the cheaper option. These are normal drives and there is no guarantee of robustness for any drive in general and your data will only be safe if you keep a second backup of it somewhere.
Docks are usually not recommended if you will be accessing the drive frequently. Also strangely, external HDDs are usually cheaper than their internal counterparts even when the drives are same. Having to buy a dock will only increase the cost/TB which makes external HDDs the preferred option.

Got it today, Crystal Disk report below. Looks all good to me

6T.JPG

Back