Would you overclock ?- Maybe

I've a few in mind

MSI GTX 66o Ti Power Edition -
20,900+Shipping
MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC

Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti Windforce 2x - 19600+Shipping
GIGABYTE GV-N66TWF2-2GD

Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7870 HDMI OC Edition 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - 19046
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7870 HDMI OC Edition 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

Sapphire AMD HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 Flex Edition 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - 19688
Sapphire AMD HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 Flex Edition 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

Games I would be playing - Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, MOH Warfighter

I would be playing at settings which gives me a minimum FPS of 50.

I would Suggest to go with Sapphire 7870 OC Edition and you should Overclock it ,It has a Very powerful Cooler Onboard and Should Outperform a 7950 and Will help you get your desired Framerates,It pretty Much overclocks to 1245/1560 without Voltage Tweaking as Overclocking abilities differ from card to card expect somewhere close to 1200! That is Pretty Much VFM Card!

A review http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/04/26/sapphire_hd_7870_oc_edition_video_card_review/1

Would there be any issues if I overclock on just air cooling ? I've 1 front intake and 1 rear fan, though the room temperature is not very high here in Bangalore.

@kRuSnIk best for you to go with the green team this time. A GTX660Ti is great.

They have an edge in FROSTBITE powered games. Which make a bulk of your play options.

Only con I have at point is the future performance capability of this card and lack of core-over-clockability.

Would there be any issues if I overclock on just air cooling ? I've 1 front intake and 1 rear fan, though the room temperature is not very high here in Bangalore.

Anyway with your SMPS I suggest that you avoid over-clocking the cards. And with the airflow setup in your cabinet this will only get compounded (internally the cabinet can be an oven).

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:

You might have to Tune Up the fan speed might be a Bit Noisy but temps would be Under Control,There is no Point to OC now,as it is a Great Performer,Might help in future!

- - - Updated - - -

kRuSnIk best for you to go with the green team this time. A GTX660Ti is great.

Was Just going to tag you for Suggestions :D The PSU should be Able to handle it considering the rest of the system!

Actually, I hesitate to overclock as it voids the warranty but would do it only if absolutely necessary. Also, I would be keeping the card for a maximum of 1 and half years so I think a 660 Ti would suffice until then. Anyways, which among the 2 660's should I go for ? MSI costs about 1.5k more than the Gigabyte one. Is there a lot of performance difference between the two?

Actually, I hesitate to overclock as it voids the warranty but would do it only if absolutely necessary. Also, I would be keeping the card for a maximum of 1 and half years so I think a 660 Ti would suffice until then. Anyways, which among the 2 660's should I go for ? MSI costs about 1.5k more than the Gigabyte one. Is there a lot of performance difference between the two?

Get whichever has the higher core-clock.

MSi wins but expect it to be noisier for that count.

Back