Which one to buy from Nokia's

cooler2005

Disciple
Requirements have changed...please read the post again...thanks

Hi guys..

A little confused over which one to buy from these 3 phones...need help!

(1) Nokia X2-01 -> 3.8K (Basic QWERTY)
(2) Nokia C3 -> 5.7K (wifi only, New on the block)

Now, my budget is below 5K which is why I'm partial towards Nokia X2-01.

Please let me know your views and also which phone do you think I should go for. Feel free to recommend any other phone as well.

DATE OF PURCHASE: 12th February 2011

1. Q: Budget?
A: Below 5k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: None

3. Q: Preferred display type?

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Want to buy only Nokia's phone.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: According to the priority (1) Calls/SMS (2)Mails.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: (1) Nokia X2-01 -> 3.8K (Basic QWERTY)
(2) Nokia C3 -> 5.7K (wifi only, New on the block)

There is no doubt that the E5 is the best one in your list. More features and hence the higher price. Go for it if your budget allows you.

Next I would chose the E63 as it is Symbian S60 and not a Series 40 6th Edition based phone like the C3. It means better apps and other software support.

But as you plan to use the phone for another 2 years, go for the E5 as it is a better package and better built than the other two.

:)

Why dont you consider samsung galaxy 5....its a great phone.....has android which is much much better than symbian and also comes in your budget....has 3G wifi gps....capacitive touchscreen and 2 mp camera....

Definitely go with the E5. It has a newer OS (The new FP2 v3 is significantly more power efficient that FP1), better camera, its faster due to the 600Mhz ARM 11 processor which helps in quite a few situations. and has a better battey life apart from having more internal memory and RAM (both help a lot later on).

The better homescreen is also pretty good, Micro USB 2.0 is VERY helpful since the speeds are a hell lot faster than the older Micro USB 1.1 on the E63 (4-5 MBps vs 800-900 KBps). Plus there's the fasterr 3G support if you want to use tethering on your cell along with a slightly better build quality.

Decide which one you want now ;)

DarkAngel said:
Keep in mind that E63 has only 3G UMTS (384 Kbps). It doesnt have latest HSDPA (3.6Mbps+)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Consider the nokia c5.

solid build

symbian

HSDPA, 10.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps

price: ~7.3k

Nokia C5 - Full phone specifications
C5 is good but priority wise I would want to have Wifi in the phone rather than 3G as 3G is something I wouldn't use much considering I'm always connected via PC..

What do you think about Nokia C3..?

Nokia C3 - Full phone specifications

Thanks for replying...

eventhorizon said:
Why dont you consider samsung galaxy 5....its a great phone.....has android which is much much better than symbian and also comes in your budget....has 3G wifi gps....capacitive touchscreen and 2 mp camera....
Sorry, not looking at any other brands except for Nokia (and Apple if it's within range...hehehe) :)

cooler2005 said:
i can go with it but i just have no knowledge about the battery...website says it has 4:30 hours of battery backup..how good is it..?
It's a new phone. It would be difficult to judge the real world battery capacity unless the reviews begin to pour in.

But the nokia website figures need to be taken with a pinch of salt... ;)

techno_funky said:
How is the size of this cellphone, from the pictures and some you tube videos the phone seemed huge, bigger than the E63.
the phone size is almost same as nokia e63.... but screen resolution is low as in nokia c3

Back