which one will be better sharp AH-XP13LV or sharp AH-XP13pht

Sourik

Recruit
Hi,
I want to know which one will be better sharp AH-XP13LV or sharp AH-XP13pht ? Could any one tell me from where do i will get the best price for sharp ac in Kolkata ?

AH-XP13LV is 2013 model and PHT is 2014 model. PHT and LV are different only on features, PHT has more features than LV model. Other than that the technical aspects are the same.

First of all I would like to thank a million to the members and experts of this forum for doing an excellent job on sharing their expertise and experience.

Hi Sourik ! After spending hours of research and getting valuable inputs from our friends in the forum, I too decided to purchase a Sharp 1.1 Ton Inverter AC .
I too stay in Kolkata and have compared the prices with various dealers. In my opinion, Great Eastern is offerring competitive prices.
Now I have the same dilemma as you have.......whether to go for sharp AH-XP13LV or sharp AH-XP13pht.

On paper, the PHT Model has an EER OF 4.03 whereas LV has 3.63. Other than that, PHT looks amazing whereas LV looks like any other split AC
But after going through some posts, I learnt that the PHT ODU makes noise and also the LV model cools much better than the PHT.

Our dear friend Hotshot 05 has both the models....so he can truly compare and advice

I would request my fellow members for their valuable inputs on the same.

Thank you all for the wonderful contribution to the forum.....Keep up the good work and let us help each other to take right decisions.

It is quite difficult to choose one.
XP13PHT has temperature display, horizontal + vertical swing, 2 economy modes.
XP13LV lacks the temperature display and horizontal swing.
But some say that the quality of Sharp has gone down in the new models. I saw somewhere that the older compressors were made by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries(Not verified). Do not know who makes the compressor for 2014 models.
But the older compressor was much more silent in comparison to the newer model. This may be a problem with the installation also(XP13LV compressor sits on the white chinese brackets while the new compressor sits on the steel angles hammered into the wall. I think the new compressor is not parallel to the ground. Will have to check with a mercury scale). Also there is a joint in the copper tube for the PHT installation.
PHT has acceptable cooling in my opinion. I feel cold with temp at 27 C and direct air flow towards me.

We measured the current consumption by running the AC for around 20mins(it was raining and outside temp was cool). I set the AC temp at 27 C. It consumed 3A. When superjet mode was ON, the AC consumed 6A. After we turned off superjet mode, current consumption returned to 3A.
An inverter AC shines when used for a long period of time. Since we could not do that, cannot say what was the current consumption after 2-3 hrs of use.

On paper, the PHT Model has an EER OF 4.03 whereas LV has 3.63.
Firstly Sharp needs to get their technical lingo right. That spec is the COP not EER.
Secondly there is an asterisk next to the 4.03 - not explained on the site, but it is a weighted COP as mentioned in the printed brochure. If a 3.63 COP translates to a weighted COP of 4.41, then a weighted 4.03 COP is probably a lower 3.3'ish COP. Thanks to @prime for posting the brochure :-
Sharp_Specs.jpg

Last edited:
I don't trust the above sheet. Someone has totally messed it up.
XP13PHT has horizontal air swing.
How can an AC have 4 way air swing unless it has both horizontal and vertical swing?!?!
The one who compiled the above sheet is totally out of his mind.

I don't trust the above sheet. Someone has totally messed it up.
XP13PHT has horizontal air swing.
How can an AC have 4 way air swing unless it has both horizontal and vertical swing?!?!
The one who compiled the above sheet is totally out of his mind.

XP18PMT/PHT has 4 way air swing. There are 2 buttons on remote. One for horizontal and another vertical swing. Have used it.

2vl9ycw.png

Last edited:
My personal opinion the quality of the newer Sharp PHT et al. models has gone down in quality based on the cooling capacity and ODU noise. I also feel that the air flow and cooling is good only if you are directly under the airflow. If you are off the air flow then you will stuck in the sweat zone where in you will not get any air from the AC.

One good this is the coanda air flow (2nd row, right most button) does a bit better job of getting the air flow into the far corner of the room, though it is only useful as the room has been cooled sufficiently.

I suggest you get to a showroom and check out various brands before blindly going in for the newer PHT model. I am not sure if the above issues are present in the previous models.

I don't trust the above sheet. Someone has totally messed it up....The one who compiled the above sheet is totally out of his mind.

I believe the person responsible for this brochure must be on high alcoholic dosage that day.:p

Don't be fooled by Singaporean COP. It is a marketing gimmick followed by Sharp India to lure Indian customers.

It is very easy to calculate rated COP from the above sheet. Just divide rated cooling capacity (watts) by their rated power consumption (watts).

Last edited:
the Indian EER for the PHT model is 3.63 (3670w/1010w)

Yes.

The rated EER of all Sharp 1.1 Ton Inverters are 3.63 and that of 1.5 Ton is 3.66. Good thing is at rated capacity they all surpass the 5-star non-Inverters AC min requirement of rated EER of 3.5.

Thanks a ton to all of you for sharing your valuable knowledge and experience.

I'm still very confused whether to go for LV or PHT !!!

If the quality of the compressor has gone down in the PHT, then I would definitely go for the LV.

Also I'm quite scared to know that one would sweat if he doesn't get direct air flow from the AC. Does it hold true for the LV model as well?

It is very easy to calculate rated COP from the above sheet. Just divide rated cooling capacity (watts) by their rated power consumption (watts).
Rated power consumption is not mentioned. Only rated current. Which if multiplied by 220V gives a slightly higher power consumption than your claimed COP numbers would indicate.

Can anybody please verify whether PHT or LV uses Mitsubishi Heavy Industries compressor?

I asked the service engineer of Sharp which model would be better but he gave me a disappointing response that all models are same...
I also asked him if any of the 1.1 Ton inverter acs display power consumption but he answered me in negative.

Thanks a ton to all of you for sharing your valuable knowledge and experience.

I'm still very confused whether to go for LV or PHT !!!

If the quality of the compressor has gone down in the PHT, then I would definitely go for the LV.

Also I'm quite scared to know that one would sweat if he doesn't get direct air flow from the AC. Does it hold true for the LV model as well?

in 28 temperate ..with full sun facing ..i feel chill all over the room .. after 10 minutes of runnnig ac

some people want instant chill to whole room .. those people saying sweat

Last edited by a moderator:
who spreaded that lie is bulshit .. use commonsense

in 28 temperate ..with full sun facing ..i feel chill all over the room .. after 10 minutes of runnnig ac

some people want instant chill to whole room .. those people saying sweat
Mr. being.unbelievable choose your words carefully and maintain decency. If you are satisfied with the performance of the AC so be it, you have no rights to call others opinions & experience as "lie and bullshit".

Hi, I got AH-XP13PHT two days back. Working very fine. Somehow didn't get user manual in boxes to know much about functions. Guy who came for demo seems to be a new chap and does not know about all the functions. As I was not at home at time of demo, my wife asked about self cleaning function and he replied in negative that this is not available in this model. On remote too Auto Clean button is embedded in surface. Trying to rope in sharp engineer again for demo. But can current users tell me is it there in PHT model?

Rated power consumption is not mentioned. Only rated current. Which if multiplied by 220V gives a slightly higher power consumption than your claimed COP numbers would indicate.

The rated power consumption of Sharp AH-XP18MV (1.5 Ton) Inverter AC can be found from the pic below:

The snippet was taken from their AC brochure available on Sharp Malaysia website. Adding the info available on the Indian spec sheet in the above post below are the final spec:

Specification of Sharp-AH-XP18MV

Cooling Capacity Range [kW]: (1.6 - 5.27 - 6)
Cooling Capacity Range [BTU/Hr]: (5,460 - 18,000 - 20,500)
Power Consumption [Min-Rated-Max]: (320 - 1,440 - 1900) watts
COP through Operating Range [Min-Rated-Max] (W/W): (5 - 3.66 - 3.16)

I believe the above specifications holds true for their entire 1.5 Ton Inverter lineup.

Last edited:
Hi Ramtirath,

How is your overall experience with AH-XP13PHT with regard to cooling efficiency and the sound made by the outdoor unit ?
As I am going to purchase either AH-XP13PHT or XP13LV, this will help me in taking my decision.

Also I learnt from a Sharp engineer that Mitsubishi Heavy Industries compressor is used in higher capacity compressors

Back