Which Operating System?

Avtar

Adept
Which OS do you use?

At the moment I have Windows 98 SE, I might get XP or just get Longhorn whenever it gets released. :p

I've always been told about XP using too many resources and being very dangerous and having security flaws and this and that... :(

That's the main reason Dad does not want XP.

you xto :)
but i recco you installo the latesto xp sp2'o
(oh i can't keep with this lingo :) )

But i think xp sp2 is the stablest around(My linux friends may wanna break my head over that comment though ;) )
but anyway if you like windows (hell u all hate it but still like it i know ) then get xp... it rox and is STABLE>

Avtar said:
I've heard a lot of rubbish about Server 2003 not being good enough and stuff.

Do you like it CF?

Personally, I love my Server 2003. Everyone says they have problems with it, but all I really do is Web Design and share music through my house. :p

Well it depends on the user opinion.
Linux is a good OS no doubt, maybe better but it still has a long way to go before it replaces windows.
It still is not ready as it cannot compete on the "user-friendly" grounds, pcqlinux is the best option in my opinion on grounds of sheer looks and bundled software.
But you cannot deny the fact that there aren.t enough softwares available for the linux platform, some of them are a headache.
What is worst not all games run on it, infact a handful.
Now a person who isnt interested in the networking field or the likes wont go for linux as it can turn out to be unnecessary headache.
But as they say "to each his own"

NT4 reminds me of work. I have it there and the silliest part is that it does not support my usb flash drive even with drivers.... Really sucks big time. :yuck:

I am using "Windows XP Professional" with SP2 !
Really love this SP2 ! The best from Microsoft :)

XP rocks ...
Linux sucks ...
Others OK ...

What else to say ? I have managed to keep my WinXPPro stable without sp1 or sp2 or any other fixes or updates. XP just rocks.

And I tried Linux, I need a 100-page tutorial just to install a simple game and another 100-page tutorial to start it and then play it. The CLI sucks. To home user, ------- go Microsoft Go ---------

Back