Which Phone for my Sister

Am Planning to buy new phone for my sister. My budget is 9K. I am planning on any of sony ericsson but they are all so similar. Cant decide which one to go for. Didnt see anything in this range in Nokia so didnt mention it.

I am thinking between K550 and W660.

Guys please tell me one model and I'll buy that.
Thanks,

^^ U clearly missed his price range and decided to brag :) . Nokia 5310 is a good choice and mostly girls like that kind of phone . Music wise sony's w series is still better in my opinion .

My sis somehow doesnt like 5310. As it is she wants a transition from nokia 6600 she is curently using. She is more inclined twds Sony ericsson but is very confused about model. Please help. Which one is best VFM

i wud say go for the either of w660 or check out the new k660...

k550 will be quite a bit cheaper, but sumhw the build quality is not sumthing i like. plus if music is a priority the headphones bundled with w series will more than make up for the diff....camera will be slightly better here though

and if you can just boost up ur budget a bit, then check out the k790. is retaily at about the 9.7 k levels

EDIT

only thing i can think of is tht the screen of se can be a bit of downer...

abhisheksahas said:
Its not a girls phone.

I would recommend the Nokia5310 / SE W580i / SE K660i

Link->This is what Techtree says
But as an all-round feature packed update, the K660i almost doesn't have competitors.

that wud kinda depends on the girl in question...chocolate brown k790 is pretty more attractive then many of the nokias, and to me 5310 always looked a cheap with that trim of red in the body

that wud kinda depends on the girl in question...chocolate brown k790 is pretty more attractive then many of the nokias, and to me 5310 always looked a cheap with that trim of red in the body

The K790i is very bulky and its highly NOT-RECOMMENDED unless the female-in-question loves photography.

The other option is the K810i for around 11.5k(beyond budget).

rapt0r said:
^^ U clearly missed his price range and decided to brag :) . Nokia 5310 is a good choice and mostly girls like that kind of phone . Music wise sony's w series is still better in my opinion .

The iPhone prices are coming down in the us to $200 which is why I posted here, although admittedly it was for bragging as well.:eek:hyeah: :bleh: :rofl:

Go for d

Nokia 5310 if u want a uber slim and a gud music phone

(u'll hav to fuget d cam in d nite though..no flash :bleh: )

OR

W580i same as the Nokia 5310 (no flash :( bt its a music phone with dat shake-to-change-d-song thingy ;) )

OR

K790i...
Awsssmmm Cam 3.2 Mp :clap: n Decent Music Phone :hap2: )

Its d best option to go for..i.e if ur sis isnt too bothrd abt d bulkiness..!!! :eek:hyeah:

vNerd said:
The iPhone prices are coming down in the us to $200 which is why I posted here, although admittedly it was for bragging as well.:eek:hyeah: :bleh: :rofl:

dude.. when ?? :D an u gt any source for this info?:bleh: if it is im surely gettin one of them for myself! i hope its soon cause my brothers in ta states for another month or so.. !

Edit: dude i can still edit this message after a day of postinng it ..:> thot it was only for up2 1 hour after posting it.

Anyways Vnerd.. dude a response here would be really helpful!

HI Friends Sorry for the Long Delay. Birthday of sister is approching and I really need your Help have to buy a cell phone in few days now. Following are the models I shortlisted :

Sony ericsson
W830i - 9000
W610i - 9700

Nokia
5310 - 9250

Right now am planning to go for W830i. But am just a bit sceptical as it is two year old model dont know about W610i. So basically Please tell me the difference between both the sony models.
I know nokia one is the best but my sister is more inclined towards sony.. Help will be appreciated.. and this is urgent. I will really appreciate if anyone can dig out the diff between the Two. thanks...

go for W610.. its bar form is great and sleek, almost a replica of W830i with regards to features, same walkman sound clarity & cam clarity is also amazing.. screen a bit small but a modest piece.. go for it :)

Your sister will like the S500i check it out. Its for about Rs. 9000.

Remember girls don't care about features they performs simple tasks and like the chic look.

Back