Which phone , HTC HD2 or Desire or any other?

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
hi guys ,

i want to upgrade phone , using 5800 since more than a year , i dont have any problem with it but bored :ashamed: , got 25-30k ( max ) budget for new phone , so which one should i get ?

i was thinking to get HD2 as i love its looks and big screen :eek:hyeah: but little bit confused . i read that nexus one sound quality is not good and loudspeaker is also feeble which i dont want .

requirements -

big screen for good web browsing

good camera

good audio quality ( and should be loud enough in earphones )

Good UI

good looks .

saw the hd2 deal on ebay for 27k , desire from the same seller i can get for 29.5k . so which one should i get ? can wait some time also if something better is coming ..

so waiting for ur inputs .. :D

TIA

Maybe you should try out some custom roms for your 5800 if your so bored with it.

I would say you should get yourself something with Android HTC Legend or Desire.

^ i am bored with the looks also as too many similar looking phones like 5230 etc are out .

also the camera on 5800 is disappointing so wanted something better ..

htc legend has 3.2 inch screen so that wont be good option for me ..

^ reviews say it has sad audio quality , no fm radio also ? dont want device which doesnt have good multimedia features . also default android UI doesnt look that good as much as SENSE UI .

i have question about usability of such big screens phones , afaik they cant be kept in jeans pocket or if kept they are prone to screen damages :S ... how far this is true ?? this means i'll hv to keep it in special case in my bag and check every now and then whether i received any call or not ?

If you dont mind Windows mobile 6.5 , then HD2 is probably your best bet , excellent multimedia capabilities and screen and all .

You can also see the Xperia X10

I think u shud take the Desire or wait for the Galaxy S.......

Milestone is a gr8 phone but as u need FM, it's outta question (I don't need FM & hence have no probs with my Milestone)........ :)

Getting a Win Mo 6 or 6.5 phone in the 'Age of the Android' is a definite No-No in my opinion..... But the decision is yours..... :tongue:

:)

windows mobile's interface is hardly visible in HD2. It is completely wrapped under Sense UI. To know how HD2 experience is, don't ask those who never tried it, ask those who used it. And there are few in this forum and in TDF who are totally happy with HD2. And btw, thanks to XDA, you may easily get winphone 7 cooked ROM for HD2 in the future.

HD2 is awesome.I am using it for 2 months now and it is just great,I exchanged it with my wife`s 3gs for few days and trust me I really missed HD2.The only problem is,once you start using it,all other phones will look like toys.

Another option is Milestone.It`s S.Q is excellent.

desiibond said:
windows mobile's interface is hardly visible in HD2. It is completely wrapped under Sense UI. To know how HD2 experience is, don't ask those who never tried it, ask those who used it. And there are few in this forum and in TDF who are totally happy with HD2. And btw, thanks to XDA, you may easily get winphone 7 cooked ROM for HD2 in the future.

ya . i love the sense ui interface in that :eek:hyeah: dont mind if its windows , the phone seems awesome in looks also , desire doesnt look that good otherwise would have bought it ..

milestone has default android ui which i dont like and x10 is still stuck on android 1.6 and sony is slow in software updates . also i read in review that sound output of x10 is lower .

Back