Budget 20-25K which phone to buy in India between April -MAY 2023?

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 15k-25k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 4.7"-5.5", AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android 13

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 5G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: PREFER XIOMI

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: DAILY WORK, GAMING

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: REDMI NOTE 12 5G or 5G pro

Any upcoming phone coming in MAY 2023 that should I wait for?

5.5? i don't think they do a lot of phones with that screensize any more. There are only handful of compact phones in the market, like the iphone mini, s23, asus has one but all priced higher. 6-6.7 is the new norm now.

5.5? i don't think they do a lot of phones with that screensize any more. There are only handful of compact phones in the market, like the iphone mini, s23, asus has one but all priced higher. 6-6.7 is the new norm now.
screen size not that important. What phone do you suggest? Are there any upcoming phones in this budget in MAY 2023?

If i could manage 25k i would go for a nothing phone or pixel 6a. Xiaomi makes sense only in the 15k range, and their newer phones are way overpriced. I'm using a poco m3 and x4 pro 5g after my Pixel 3/4a both got killed by a bad charger. Looking at the newer phones, they have worse spec and cost at least 5k more than my current phones when new.

I am thinking of buying redmi note 12 or redmi note 12 pro. What do you suggest?
if keen on this company: suggest getting a Mi series at that price point. They are supported better.

Between these 12 & 12 Pro, main diff: SoC (SD vs much more powerful MTK) build: (plastic back vs glass), display (not much) charger (33 vs 67W), camera (onevision vs sony). If keen only on Redmi, get the Pro, it is better in many ways.

if OK with spending lower amounts, look at Realme Narzo 50 Pro. Other than some 5G bands, it is quite a bargain for what it offers.

Back