CPU/Mobo Which Processor to go for ?

.:napster:.

Disciple
I am going to assemble a new system for my vfx and animations works. I would like to know which processor to go for either the core2duo or the core2quad processor. I have also planned to buy ASUS P5Q Deluxe mobo. So i would like to get the best suggestion for this system.

1. What is your budget for the entire system?

2. Do you wish to overclock?

3. What kind of sfx and animation work are we talking about? Be more specific.

You could go for q8200 too..Might be released any time in india.Has already been released in us.Its very good and cheap too.Will cost about 10k..

The budget for the system is around 40-50k(can't understand the need for this ;)) and i would be using the system for editing videos using Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Autodesk Combustion, Apple Final Cut Pro, etc,. And i dont want to overclock the system as the normal performance would be enough for me.

I would also like to get suggestion regarding the Intel Q9550 processor as its my choice and how is it more advantageous than other QXXXX processors.

Umm...I don't mean to ask a question where I should be answering them, but.... :S

If you want to run Final Cut Pro, and probably Shake too, then wouldn't you need a Macintosh? Because as far as I know, you can't coax Final Cut Pro to run on Windows, unless you "install" Mac OS X on your Windows System, which is quite a risky job in itself.

Otherwise, if you want to run other compositing/editing/3d softwares, then go for a quad, or better yet wait for a nehalem. Read it up on the internet.

And puhleeaze, stay away from these gaming GFX cards which won't be that helpful to you in intensive editing. Buy a quadro IF you can afford it, or ask around in some studios if they are willing to sell one to you.

IF u dont want to overclock, then why spend 10k+ on the motherboard??

it is not going to benifit in any real world performance

look to spend more on the cpu/gpu and get a normal motherboard

Back