CPU/Mobo Which RAM to buy ?

luckyrao

Disciple
guys i have the following config E8400,Asus P5k,8800GT.
I have to buy 2GB of 800 mhz ram.
which one should i go for.
Transcend = 2.2 k
corsair = 3.5k

would i be able to run the transcend at 1066 mhz and run tight timings also? or it will be only possible with corsair.help me buy one pls.

i doubt c2d are that ram timing hungry.

system performance on core 2 architecture hardly depends upon ram speed.

this is unlike amd athlon/phenom arch with hypertransport which is much more affected by ram speed/timings.

i suggest u stick to most cost effective soln -> trancend 800mhz sticks. these are rock solid, economical but scared of overclocking.

spend extra cash on better grafic card/lcd/c2d wid more cache(not more mhz or cores).

i suggest u stick to most cost effective soln -> trancend 800mhz sticks. these are rock solid, economical but scared of overclocking.

http://www.techenclave.com/overclocking-n-modding/transcend-2-x-2gb-ddr2-800-a-108860.html

You should be just for the lookout :p....with Transcend having markings abt the chip manufacturer....sometimes u can pick some real nice ocable sticks at a bargain price.....didn't know that it has become 2.2k now :O...I had gt it arnd 1.8k for each stick :D

Dunno abt the Corsair's . But Transcends are really VFM buy . One thing i assure u that , u wont regret after going with transcend . The 667 transcends easily do 800Mhz.

Try to finds these stick's with Powerchip IC's . They are a bit difficult to find .

But i guess the Elpida IC's also do well .

Back