Which RIG Is Better?

vighu999

Disciple
Intel® Core™ i7-870 processor (2.93GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 8MB Cache),12GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM,1TB (500GBx2) SATA RAID 0 (Data Striping),ATI® Radeon™ HD5770 1GB

or Should I Go ATI

AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X6 1090T Processor (3.2GHz,9MB,6C),12GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM ,1TB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 500GB SATA 3Gb/s 7200 RPM HDDs),1GB ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5870 Graphics

THANK YOU.

if u r going to do animation and encoding thing then i wud say u better off with phenom II x6 1090t+5870 coz 2 extra cores will help u a lot... AND AM3 based sytem will b a bit future proof too coz bulldozer core processors will be Based on AM3r2 which will b backward compatible wid AM3 mobo...

but if u want to build a gaming rig then yes core i7 system wud b better coz core i7 processors have better single threaded performance but i think u shud note that when sandy bridge processors will launch then lga1156 based systems will b dead and gone ;)

Hades. said:
if u r going to do animation and encoding thing then i wud say u better off with phenom II x6 1090t+5870 coz 2 extra cores will help u a lot... AND AM3 based sytem will b a bit future proof too coz bulldozer core processors will be Based on AM3r2 which will b backward compatible wid AM3 mobo...

but if u want to build a gaming rig then yes core i7 system wud b better coz core i7 processors have better single threaded performance but i think u shud note that when sandy bridge processors will launch then lga1156 based systems will b dead and gone ;)

See I want to use it for gaming as well as HD Video Editing So Please HELP

Have a look at the link posted by ALPHA17 . The i7 is pretty much ahead in all scenarios. Instead of the 5770 take a GTX 460 :)

Hades. said:

Wrong. Bulldozer processors will not work in Am3 mobo, rather Am3 processors will work in AM3+ Mobo.

1090T might be a hexacore but clock for clock Intel's are way ahead of AMD. Only after OC'ing does the 1090T reach the level of a i7 870 (somewhat), but my question is why the i7-870.. As I see it, if the budget permits go for the i7 9xx or wait for Sandybridge, it looks pretty promising...

But by the scope of the question my suggestion would the intel based rig...

The specific AMD rig u posted seems to be better in all areas except the proccy is slightly less powerful... still the amd is hex core... so it should win out in a few areas of perf as well...

I didn't look the first time and I just noticed the GPU's.. Are you planning to game on the PC? If yes, then the Rig with the the 5870 seems to be the better idea, the Intel rig only has a 5770 !!!

I would reccomend i7 and gtx 460 1gb. Depending on how much video editing and if you want to save a fair bit of money maybe even go for i5. You might want to check benchmarks and make sure that it will help as much as you think it will going from i5 to i7(for video editing).

From a gaming pov you wont be able to tell the difference between i7 and i5. If the budget isnt limited ofc then go for i7 get a good psu and later add another 460 :D ( 2x460 is ~ 5k more than getting the 5870 but the performance will be well worth it)

^^^ I'm telling you, WAIT. At the price of GTX460 you can land urself a faster HD6850, wait c'mon wait for a little more time. Reviews up this friday.

Back