PC Peripherals Which router?

nukeu666

Skilled
Im getting a mtnl broadband connection at home
It will mostly be used by a desktop but need the flat wifi'd so the other laptops and iphones can use it
As cheap as possible...i guess a G-type will be good enough
Suggestions/model numbers?

go for asus wl 520gu router,decent router,good looks this model even have a USB port ( u can download torrents easily without powering ON PC or use ur printer wirelessly)

+1 go in for asus.. really nice router.. been using it since a couple of months now no issues , u can make it a small low power nas unit aswell .. works well with my rig i can stream 720p videos without any issues. :eek:hyeah:

You can go for Edimax router...

If you are getting bundled ADSL model from ISP, you can go with any 54Mbps or 150Mbps router (Edimax offer (54M -> BR-6204WLg, 150Mbps -> BR-6324nL), cost below 2K.

If you just wants to use single router intead of putting separate ADSL model and Broadband router, you can choose wireless ADSL2/2+ modem router (54Mbps -> AR-7084gA).

Edimax has local presence in Indian market and good pre/post sales support. they offer 3Yrs warranty on all product line. Performance is very good.

You can write a mail on support_india@edimax.com.tw for further clarifications.

BR,
SJ :)

better get the adsl 2+ router with 4 ethernet ports. I think belkin has one such model in 3k range. but if you cant afford for that you can get just a wifi router for 2k and use it with your modem....

Desecrator said:
Shyte, wireless N routers have become this cheap!? :O

Looks like thats a refurbished version, cause I got a Netgear WNR 3500 from Newegg in the exact same packing as shown in that listing.

^LOL that's just a plain box without any model numbers on it. So one cannot say that. The guy seems to have a decent reputation as well.

Netgear WGR614 - 1300

2 years warranty

Using it since a month, has a simple interface, setup was a breeze, no issues so far.

Desecrator said:
^LOL that's just a plain box without any model numbers on it. So one cannot say that. The guy seems to have a decent reputation as well.

Check the retail and refurbished versions of the same router on Newegg.

Newegg.com - NETGEAR WNR2000-100NAS IEEE 802.11b/g, IEEE 802.11n Draft 2.0 Wireless-N Router

Newegg.com - Recertified: NETGEAR WNR2000-100NAR IEEE 802.11b/g, IEEE 802.11n Draft 2.0 Wireless-N Router

The retail ones come in a colourful box with CD etc. Whereas the refurbished version comes in a plain box with no CD etc exactly as shown in the ebay listing.

Also other sellers in eBay are selling the same router for about 3.5k+, so definitely this is refurbished.

Anyway even if its refurbished, its a great price. :) The refurbished WNR 3500 Gigabit router I got from Newegg ($30 ~ Rs 2.4k via KMD) looks brand new and is working great. :)

Back