Budget 90k+ Which RTX 4090 to buy for AMD 5800X3D

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
My friend wants to upgrade from his MSI RTX 3060ti to a 4090 as it will be his last upgrade for quite some years. 4 years at least. He got the idea when I was discussing my though on upgrading too for more VRAM and dlss goodies.

Options he have though of are as below:
1) Asus Rog Strix 4090 1.93L.
2) Aorus 4090 @ 1.75L.
3) Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 @ 1.6L.
4) Gigabyte Wind force 4090 @ 1.5L.
5) Second hand 3090 FE replacement 4090 FE with 1.8 years of warranty for 1.35L.

I think we can have a claim of G.S.T for the card so I don't know if in this condition, 18% will be refunded or not. so if someone have done a claim based on business purchase, please share their experience on the same.

People with 4090's please share model and your experience on the same as well :)

He will get married sooner or later and then wont be able to spend money on expensive hobbies. thus, getting an upgrade now instead of waiting when he might have to upgrade the system as well to DDR5 and PCIE 5.

Last edited:
I would go for the cheapest card with the max warranty. Because all 4090's are way overbuilt unlike the 3000 series which had cooling issues.

My Zotac 4090 stays 60 C ish in games and is super silent.

I was about to say the same. 40 series is not VRAM and power limit sensitive like 30 series is. For example, 3080ti/3090 ROG STRIX, Suprim x and Galax HOF behave like a different tier card because of their overkill VRAM and higher power limits.

Similarly some cards such as Ventus are total junk. I was shocked by the pathetic performance when I tested a Ventus 3080 ti/3090.

This is not the case with 40 series. Almost all cards are equal with overkill coolers.
Even a Zotac 3080ti/3090 with its relatively small heatsink has good enough cooling. ZOTAC 4090 should be far better.

I have tested all Strix cards, MSI all cards, Zotac all cards, Galax most cards, inno 3d most cards and all Gigabyte most cards.
Other than the noise in some cards in summers which is suppressed anyway by ceiling fan, I haven't found any issue with cooling unless you are in a non ac room at 35-40 degree. This is when 30 series has relatively small heat sinks and high power consumption.
40 series with its beefy coolers is a lot better.

Pick a Zotac with extended warranty and use a disposable email id for extended warranty registeration.

Last edited:
That's fine, is he going to game at 4K. If not then a 3090/4080/4090 are useless.
he might be able to sneak in a 4k LG monitor but a gpu will be hard :p
I was about to say the same. 40 series is not VRAM and power limit sensitive like 30 series is. For example, 3080ti/3090 ROG STRIX, Suprim x and Galax HOF behave like a different tier card because of their overkill VRAM and higher power limits.

Similarly some cards such as Ventus are total junk. I was shocked by the pathetic performance when I tested a Ventus 3080 ti/3090.

This is not the case with 40 series. Almost all cards are equal with overkill coolers.
Even a Zotac 3080ti/3090 with its relatively small heatsink has good enough cooling. ZOTAC 4090 should be far better.

I have tested all Strix cards, MSI all cards, Zotac all cards, Galax most cards, inno 3d most cards and all Gigabyte most cards.
Other than the noise in some cards in summers which is suppressed anyway by ceiling fan, I haven't found any issue with cooling unless you are in a non ac room at 35-40 degree. This is when 30 series has relatively small heat sinks and high power consumption.
40 series with its beefy coolers is a lot better.

Pick a Zotac with extended warranty and use a disposable email id for extended warranty registeration.
disposable email is a good idea.
I would go for the cheapest card with the max warranty. Because all 4090's are way overbuilt unlike the 3000 series which had cooling issues.

cheapest one is Windforce from gigabyte for only ₹1,49,500/- with 3 years warranty. add 10K and you have gaming oc with 4 years warranty. add more 5k and you have Zotac with 5years warranty.
I am my self confused and as I build his pc, he is like tu dekh le :p

which model you have? at what price you picked one?

he might be able to sneak in a 4k LG monitor but a gpu will be hard :p

disposable email is a good idea.

cheapest one is Windforce from gigabyte for only ₹1,49,500/- with 3 years warranty. add 10K and you have gaming oc with 4 years warranty. add more 5k and you have Zotac with 5years warranty.
I am my self confused and as I build his pc, he is like tu dekh le :p

which model you have? at what price you picked one?

Zotac cause of Kaizen warranty support.. they dont do any if and buts while replacing your GPU.. while Gigabyte always tries to repair it or change parts first.. replacement is their last option. Gigaabyte gaming OC does look like a chonky boi tho.

Zotac cause of Kaizen warranty support.. they dont do any if and buts while replacing your GPU.. while Gigabyte always tries to repair it or change parts first.. replacement is their last option. Gigaabyte gaming OC does look like a chonky boi tho.
what model you have? I was watching a streamer struggle with is zotac 3090 so asking :p

I wonder how is the coil whining issue on Zotac cards. @enc0dex264 any issue for you ?
also I can see no one recommending the second hand 3090 RMA 4090 Unit. is it because of warranty?

Buy the cheapest card that actually has a 600W power limit. The el cheapo models actually are hard limited to 450W. Many of them have a bad vrm.

What are your thoughts on this?
there is no coil whine and idk what a 3090 RMA 4090 unit means.. i dont think anyone knows that.
it means 4090FE seal pack which is a 3090 FE replacement and will have 1.8 to 2 years or warranty of 3090FE.
Buy the cheapest card that actually has a 600W power limit. The el cheapo models actually are hard limited to 450W. Many of them have a bad vrm.
that would be Gigabyte Gaming OC...

600w is a crazy number for gpu.
Don't own 4090 so no direct experience, but -

gA41aJWRC0HYTkNV.jpg

I have started using 4K @ 120 Hertz courtesy of LG C2 (48 inch). With a second gen Intel - 2600K, paired with a 3080Ti, I was getting 60 frames in all the games at Ultra settings using DLSS. So I think with current gen hardware and a 3080TI/3090, one can easily get more than playable frames. I am not in the favor of a 4090. Plus moving from 27inch 2K to a higher size monitor with 4K makes more sense.

4K with 32 inch and above makes more sense or 34 inch Ultra wide.

I have started using 4K @ 120 Hertz courtesy of LG C2 (48 inch). With a second gen Intel - 2600K, paired with a 3080Ti, I was getting 60 frames in all the games at Ultra settings using DLSS. So I think with current gen hardware and a 3080TI/3090, one can easily get more than playable frames. I am not in the favor of a 4090. Plus moving from 27inch 2K to a higher size monitor with 4K makes more sense.

4K with 32 inch and above makes more sense or 34 inch Ultra wide.
he is on 1080P :p but will be upgrading in some time. He is not a big fan of second hand hardware and so don't want to spend 60k or above in it. thus, direct 4090, he was in 4080 but I told if you are spending this much then go for the obvious best in class gpu.

Back