PC Peripherals which smps - cx430, vx450 or Seasonic S12II-430

blackperl

Disciple
guys please help me decide to buy new smps

I want to buy for normal use n have 9800GT gfx +5 hdd

tell me which one is best for me "corsair cx430 or vx450 or Seasonic S12II-430 "

where i can buy vx450 from nehru place and what will be the price

thanks for your time

i already have that 9800GT gfx card ,my old cooler master smps got kaput so i want to buy a new spms
but seasonic is only 430watt ,so can i use it for future use also ?? as i have heard that vx450 can handle 500watt supply !!

sorry i m new for smps section :(

@rocky ekka ,thanks brother for the contacts JuGGa bro,i was thinking for using atleast 2-3 years ,so little bit heavy watt ,so i can use it for long time

i just called SMC ,they told that don't have this vx450 model in stock :(
RR system is saying vx450 will cost me 2250Rs (i think they got confuse this model with vs450 )
.i m surprise ,its too cheap to believe,i m going tomorrow Nehru place

Calculate your system power consumption from here, and if it turns out to be 100w less than your PSU's throughput then you're always safe unless you do a hefty upgrade such as a high end GPU.

i already have that 9800GT gfx card ,my old cooler master smps got kaput so i want to buy a new spms
but seasonic is only 430watt ,so can i use it for future use also ?? as i have heard that vx450 can handle 500watt supply !!

sorry i m new for smps section :(

Corsair VX450 nowadays are not as good as they used to be before, i.e, manufactured ~ DEC2011. And cx430 is even worse than that. Actually Seasonic SII-430 is the best PSU there is in the sub Rs.3000 bracket, they were better built than the older VX450's but only had ~20 W less real-power. Seasonic SII 430W can very easily take the load of your PC, it can provide more and cleaner power than any other PSU mentioned here.

For a detailed explanation read this page.

after calculation i got recommended 330 Watt !! at present i m running pc at Mora 400w smps from few days ! i hope to get some old vx450 !
otherwise i have to go with seasonic as they have 5 year warranty :p

BTW how is CX500 building series smps ,as it also has some 80 certificate ?

@blackperl Its the best option for you, good enough even to handle 7850. Now chip in future upgrades without any 2nd thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
yup i bought today seasonic S12|| 520watt 80 bronze certificate in 4200Rs !! due to dollar rate it became expensive otherwise it was 3800 rs few months before

yup i know buddy ,even here some vendor here was selling 3670+shipping but i was in hurry ,so i just bought it

thanks buddy for helping me to decide :)

Back