which software to use with tv tuner card??

i bought a tv tuner and got totalmedia with it, somehow it is not working with the tv tuner, i tried powercinema, it works but it is not giving sound. is there any other good tv tuner software which i can use??

Try MythTV.

On some of the older cards, for sound to work, you need to plug a audio cable from the audio-out of the card to the audio-in/line-in of your souncard (onboard audio). Have you made the connections properly ?

yes connections are proper,its a usb dongle type tv tuner and it used to work properly with powermedia( it was a trial version), but now its not working with the newer version...i tried mythtv but it is not working.

try media player classic home cinema.
In that File > Open Device.
You need to switch on the tuner and keep it on some channel first. You can use MPCHC to record too i think.

no its not the one, i think its the newer version of what i am having, the sofware given with it is not working and there is nothing on the website..

it is powercinema..it is working but it is not giving sound, there is one other software, blazehdtv which is giving both sound and video but it has a major bug that its brightness automatically becomes zero, it is a bug with this software when it is cracked.

Leave recording apart, as far my experience no one can beat stability as well compatibility by directly open device in media players like Dscaler, KMPlayer, Media Home Classic.

Back