Budget 0-20k Which SSD to use, considering the future rma process too?

All under 5.5k

• Crucial P3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adata Spectrix S40G

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why are you considering RMAing it before even buying it tho
In these treacherous times, you can't be over-prepared. lol

Just wanted to know which has a smooth rma process in India as I heard on Reddit some people were having issues with adata rma.

SN580 has much better sustained write speeds, so maybe worth it over SN570 if price diff is small.
I went for SN770 recently as there was only 500 diff with SN580 for 2tb.

RMA - no idea, i have never had a failed SSD across samsung/crucial/wd/corsair. Currently running corsair and WD ( SN550 ).
But have heard of issues with Adata S70 blade and maybe Samsung 980 pro.

Samsung and WD both have good service but whey even be in the thoughts of such negativity? SSDs seldom fail unlike hdds.

Last edited:
SSD failures are rare unless it is a widespread issue like XPG S70 or other SSDs with the same Innogrit controller. 980 pro had some issues as well, but Samsung is known to have good RMA. Always remember that RMA experience can also vary from agent to agent & centre to centre for same brand.

You are looking at this wrongly. Look at performance and past issues with the drive, and not RMA process. Your thought process indicates that the drive is bound to fail. And then the headache of reinstall/data migration/recovery and what not.

If you do plan to look at issues - check out the controller as well on the drive, these are the first to create issues. Also, some manufacturers play mix and match with specs, but this should only hinder performance and not cause sudden death.

Going with WD after hearing all the constructive feedback. Thank you fellow members for your valuable input.

And don't forget the most basic rule, always have backup of important data in at least two different drives irrespective of whether using ssd or hdd because no ssd & hdd is 100% failure proof.
+1

If using Win10, search backup in Windows search bar & use the built in tool to schedule a daily backup to maybe an ext HDD. This is a deal-breaker reason why I am not upgrading to Win11.

Win 11 has a backup app. Does it not work as well?
It doesn't have the option to backup custom directories which is straightforward to use.

Considering it is still Win10 at core, there are workarounds for sure. This is just one of the reasons to not upgrade to Win11, there are other reasons too.

Going with WD after hearing all the constructive feedback. Thank you fellow members for your valuable input.

Thats the only correct option in this case. S40G does have dram cache but only 40tb more tbw than the SN580. At the lower price and better speeds SN580 is the only sensible buy here.

Back