Car & Bike Which tyres should I go for?

matoind

Adept
I have a Honda City ZX which requires change of tyres. The original tyres were of Goodyear. I was not very satisfied with them. They are extremely prone to air leaks or punctures from the Day1.

The dealer is suggesting Bridgestone/Michelin/Continental/Yokohama. He claims that the Bridgestone type is of carbon compound and the other tyres are of Silicon.

Just wanted some idea from someone who has a good knowledge of tyres. Also what is the personal experience of users with various tyres (tubeless only).

Is micheling XM+ good? I just read somewhere that the silicon compound tyres have 10-15% shorter tread life. Also they are not very good for Potholed roads.

Michelins are just Rs 250 more expensive. the XM+ variety. But they are also offering a Samsung Guru Mobile with the tyres (Guess worth atleast Rs 1000).

If you can find Continental CPC2 for your required size (I suppose 175/65 R14 ?), then nothing like it. It beats even the XM+ while costing around 500-600 cheaper.

Some good tires for your knowledge:

Conti CPC2, Yokohoma A drive, Michelin XM+, Bridgestone Turanza.

Alot depends upon preferences too, like Sport-grip or Comfort?

sato1986 said:
If you can find Continental CPC2 for your required size (I suppose 175/65 R14 ?), then nothing like it. It beats even the XM+ while costing around 500-600 cheaper.
Some good tires for your knowledge:
Conti CPC2, Yokohoma A drive, Michelin XM+, Bridgestone Turanza.
Alot depends upon preferences too, like Sport-grip or Comfort?

Thanks for the info. i am looking for a tire that doesnt leak air all the time. (sick of goodyear which came as stock.) After that it is comfort. Basically I drive in City. Also can you put the tyres names in the quality order.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The conti is available. But the price difference is Rs 150 as compared to XM+. Is it better than XM+?

Prices quoted by the dealer for the size 185xxxx
1. Yokohama A-drive- 3800
2. Bridgestone Turanza - 3850
3. Continental CPC2 - Rs 3975
4. Michelin XM+ - Rs 4075 ( Samsung Guru Mob Free)

Also in Team BHP forum people were complaining about Pathetic Michelin Warranty care and the response times. Even the top executive in Cust Care are arrogant. Was leaning towards Michelin, but the serice reviews make me go towards Bridgestone.

Thanks for all the advice. Went for Michelin XM1+. The person charged Rs 4100 for 185/65 R14. Balancing with weights + Air Nozzle replacement + Alignment included. Also got a mobile - Samsung guru. Bridgestone Turanza did not come in that size.

Bridgestone Turanza did not come in the Size. Moreover there is a shortage of Bridgestone tyres because of price increase from 11th Oct.

Back