Which UPI app do you use?

This is what generally amazes me.We (India) claim to be great in software. I found most apps of Indian companies (like this SBI Pay) are unadulterated PITA. L1 quotes in action?!
Depends on whom are they hiring to develop the applications or SWs. We do good business outside India and the ones who are good comes with a cost which most of the Indian clients do not want to pay for. What you pay for is what you get.

Gave up on Paytm. Promised to give 50% cashback on some transaction. Gave cashback of only Rs.5/- . Customer service is worst. Only automated replies.

Next time read whats written carefully before misrepresenting information to the wider audience. It was clearly stated as upto 50% with minimum amount of 5Rs.

Must be the victim of mis-advertising.. One should read it using a magnifying glass to know the complete details of the ad..
The ad will say :-
100% cashback on all recharges etc etc. *
* Upto a maximum of Rs10 cashback per account

Screenshot_20170102-165312.png
@swagatrath - I am sure this is what he is talking about. Tell me if its so unreadable.

Those who have SBI Maestro card can use only PhonePe app to signup and set the MPIN. Expiry date for Maestro card is Jan 2049. Only PhonePe has a text input field for Expiry Year. Other apps only have a dropdown and max year is 2035 mostly.

Next time read whats written carefully before misrepresenting information to the wider audience. It was clearly stated as upto 50% with minimum amount of 5Rs.
Next time first ask what were the conditions presented to me while i was doing the payment. It doesnt take a lot to seek a reply from fellow member here. Instead of just presuming and being ignorant.

fde59356120b96e700cda3226bb0736f.jpg

Must be the victim of mis-advertising.. One should read it using a magnifying glass to know the complete details of the ad..
The ad will say :-
100% cashback on all recharges etc etc. *
* Upto a maximum of Rs10 cashback per account
Guess so. But lost all trust in Paytm after this incident.

I don't consider PhonePe as a UPI app. It is a hybrid wallet-on-top-of-UPI app.

Has anyone been asked by unrelated 3rd parties to pay using UPI?

I don't consider PhonePe as a UPI app. It is a hybrid wallet-on-top-of-UPI app.

Has anyone been asked by unrelated 3rd parties to pay using UPI?
I have made 3 friends pay me by UPI. I send them the collect request. Those guys just approve and make me happy.

View attachment 68449
@swagatrath - I am sure this is what he is talking about. Tell me if its so unreadable.

:p
Personally haven't faced any problems with paytm as such.. Instead it has proved a kind of a savior here in Bangalore during this cash shortage period with every vegetable/small grocery shops etc. accepting paytm transactions..
But I don't like the way they advertise cash back offers.. 100% cashback should not be the main title if the max cashback amount is as low as Rs5/Rs10.. I recharge my d2h every month and use some random coupons which advertise huge percentage of cashbacks but finally I end up getting Rs2/Rs3 cashback.. So I have even stopped checking the details and just go with whatever is offered :)
I find Freecharge is far better comparatively, they clearly mention Rs50 cashback on bescom bill payments and also give the same immediately..

:p
Personally haven't faced any problems with paytm as such.. Instead it has proved a kind of a savior here in Bangalore during this cash shortage period with every vegetable/small grocery shops etc. accepting paytm transactions..
But I don't like the way they advertise cash back offers.. 100% cashback should not be the main title if the max cashback amount is as low as Rs5/Rs10.. I recharge my d2h every month and use some random coupons which advertise huge percentage of cashbacks but finally I end up getting Rs2/Rs3 cashback.. So I have even stopped checking the details and just go with whatever is offered :)
I find Freecharge is far better comparatively, they clearly mention Rs50 cashback on bescom bill payments and also give the same immediately..
Agreed regarding cashback. They should not con common man by mentioning misleading cashback offers.

Paytm is at top in providing misleading cashback offers.

Back