Which UPS Battery to buy for replacement?

Which brand?

• Total voters

iosoft

PC enthusiast since MS DOS 5
Skilled
Hello,

I need to replace the batteries of my APC UPS (x2)
Can you pls suggest which brand should I buy?

As per what I heard from few dealers/repairmen, Amaron (Quanta) is slightly better than Exide (Chloride/powersafe) wrt UPS batteries, not sure how.
But Exide has stores everywhere and it is easier to buy the batteries and even contact dealers for warranty.
Amaron's dealer coverage is less comparatively. Even in a tier-1 city, I had trouble finding Amaron's battery for UPS in nearby stores (within 10 kms). They were available online, but I wouldn't trust this process when buying batteries.

As per what I heard from few dealers/repairmen, Amaron (Quanta) is slightly better than Exide (Chloride/powersafe) wrt UPS batteries, not sure how.
But Exide has stores everywhere and it is easier to buy the batteries and even contact dealers for warranty.
Amaron's dealer coverage is less comparatively. Even in a tier-1 city, I had trouble finding Amaron's battery for UPS in nearby stores (within 10 kms). They were available online, but I wouldn't trust this process when buying batteries.

Actually, in my neighborhood, there are two battery shops and they both offer Exide and Amaron.
I tried Quanta it was of poor quality , did not last long. Exide lasts for years.
Thanks for the tip.

Exide is more readily available compared to Amaron but I go with the brand available at store nearest to me so I don't have to worry about after sales too much. For low load situations like PC UPS, I haven't seen big difference between Exide and Amaron.

The thing to take care of is, if any of your APC battery was fit upside down in your UPS (they usually do this to save space), then those are special batteries which can work like that, normally what you get in the aftermarket they are suppose to work straight up. You can use them just take care not to put them upside down or at an angle.

Last edited:
Back