PC Peripherals Which ups has stabilizer in it?

6pack

ex-Mod
Voltage goes above 260v at night and ups goes on battery. After some time it falls back to normal levels. This goes on every 15-20 minutes randomly. I'm fed up of the beeping noise the ups makes when it goes on battery. Any ups model having inbuilt high to normal voltage stabilizer in it? 500Va or 600VA is okay for me.

Servokon cvt is around 10k for 2kva their lowest unit. So I called the electricity board call center and told them about the high voltage. The voltage actually hit 280v+ today. So they sent someone to do something and now it's at 245v. Let's hope it stays there for a few days.

A few months ago, the battery of my APC UPS 600 VA went bad because of the same problem, voltage frequency going up and down constantly. I asked the unit to be looked at, and the technician came and changed the battery. I told him about the voltage problem, and so he pressed the button for some amount of time, and then rebooted the UPS. He said that now the UPS can handle a greater range of voltage frequency changes. So apparently, there is some feature built in that can be activated to handle greater range of voltage changes. Call their tech support and ask about it.

A few months ago, the battery of my APC UPS 600 VA went bad because of the same problem, voltage frequency going up and down constantly. I asked the unit to be looked at, and the technician came and changed the battery. I told him about the voltage problem, and so he pressed the button for some amount of time, and then rebooted the UPS. He said that now the UPS can handle a greater range of voltage frequency changes. So apparently, there is some feature built in that can be activated to handle greater range of voltage changes. Call their tech support and ask about it.

I did that button pressing thing and even at 257v the ups does not go on battery. Is this high voltage good for PC and components which use adapter to power themselves? Some adapters have working range as 90-245v on them. I wonder how they work even at 260+ without frying.

Oh, you find out how much time to press the button, to change voltage range?

Too high/low voltage or voltage fluctuations aren't good for any electronic/electric device. Our refrigerator too got damaged in the same period because of this.

4 seconds. It cycles between Low, Medium and High.

Instead of pressing the button again and trying my luck I installed apcupsd and changed it back to 250v. I set sensitivity to medium too.
I switched off the sound too, then i had a change of mind and switched it back on. i think i like those harsh beeps. :S

changing config in apcupsd was a breeze.

I have very less knowledge about this, so I have no idea what you are talking about :D

I think sound is necessary to know when it has shifted to battery?

I have very less knowledge about this, so I have no idea what you are talking about :D

I think sound is necessary to know when it has shifted to battery?

we can switch off the sound and get notifications in task bar only. Even if computer monitor is off and we are not working on it, the ups can be made to hibernate the pc at certain battery levels. So sound is not required.
In windows apc software, default setting is sound switches off at 8pm to 8am to allow people to sleep peacefully at night.

Back