Which Watch To Buy - 2 Time Zone

JayMathers

Diablo's Rapier
Disciple
Hi All
I need to upgrade my Current Casio Pro-master to a higher and accurate watch. As i am a frequent flyer (say at least 9-12 Travels in a year, to all 6 Habitable Continents) I am in a great need of a watch.

The Selection Criteria is:
1. Should either display 2 Time Zones or should be Radio Controlled.
2. Alarm is a Must.
3. Need to be either Solar Powered (First Preference) or Automatic, I hate watches which need battery replacement.
4. Either Titanium (First Preference) or with a Silicon Strap (Cannot Wear A Heavy Watch).
5. Lastly, the glass needs to be sapphire (Optional, can live without it as well).

Based on this i have selected 2 watches and these are:

Citizen Men's JY8035-04E Navihawk A-T Eco-Drive Perpetual Chrono Strap Watch
&
Seiko SAST025G Astron GPS Solar Mens Watch

Please feel free to advise for any other watch. Budget should not exceed $2K.

GODSPEED

i was reading about latest innovations in a magazine and there was a good story about Seiko Astron GPS Solar. that Citizen is dependent on atomic clocks signals, which may not be available everywhere. Seiko's GPS system sounds more reliable.

Citizen supports 43 cities but Seiko can distinguish time signals for 39 time zones... i don't know if there are so many atomic radio transmitters on Earth but GPS signals can be acquired almost everywhere.

The dial of the Eco Drive seems too cluttered for me. You could get the Pro-Trek atomic one, don't remember the model no though. Also spending 2K for a Quartz, well....

photo.JPG

Back