While Ping, Replies are unstable (Modem: Netgear DG632 Ping: 61.0.0.5)

bodmas

Adept
Sub: While Ping, Replies are unstable (Modem: Netgear DG632 Ping: 61.0.0.5)

Hello Frens,
I am using BSNL broadband on Netgear DG632 ADSL modem.
I am getting unstable replies on pinging BSNL`s 61.0.0.5 IP!.
I have to REBOOT my modem once in a day for better connection.

So where the fault lies:
1) Line: The landline is checked by line man many times but NO PROBLEM FOUND.
2) Fax machine: I had bought a new Fax machine i.e. HP Officejet 4355 All-in-one.Whenever i connect telephone jack to FAX through ADSL filter, I received Request timeout in pinging any IP. So, It is useless.
3) Modem: I m not satisfied with Netgear DG632 ADSL modem, As i had repaired it once.
4) Ping 192.168.0.1: While pinging modem IP, It too shows unstable replies.
Following is the link attachment, Please check the PIC.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85/bodmas6/19216801.jpg
5) Calls from Landline: While calling or receiving from landline, The voice appears to be very DIM (Not clear as we hear from cellphone).So, where the problem lies.

I know the problem is complicated but you people can help!!!:)
Hope to receive POSITIVE response from my technical frens.
Thanks!!

can u hear lots of static noise when u pick up the phone receiver while trying to call? or some sort of strange noise?

6pack said:
can u hear lots of static noise when u pick up the phone receiver while trying to call? or some sort of strange noise?

No there is no strange Noises or disturbances while calling or receiving but My voice received by the attender seems to be unclear. There are complaints from my frens about the clearity in my voice during calling. The voice is like that you are hearing your calls at lowest volume on your cellphones (DIM voice). I had complaint BSNL care several times and a lineman comes as usual in 2-3 dayz and said "There is problem with your landline phone, Opt for BSNL own landline and everything will be O.K.". I am damn sure that mine FAX is absolutly fine as it is working awesome at my office.

Back