FS: Keyboard and Mice White Pudding Keycaps Giveaway

I received 7 to 8 PMs all just said interested but 2 to 3 specified the need & cause.
So I took those PMs as the deciding factor.
Couldn't help but notice that in the OP there's no criteria/requirements mentioned about "how to participate".
To be fair to all members you should have mentioned that messages like "I'm interested" won't be sufficient and members would have to explain their requirement.

I'm sure if that was said earlier then people would have PMed you with appropriate message either genuine or fabricated doesn't matter at that point but it would have been more transparent if it was that way. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying this for myself but for the sake of a fair and transparent giveaway where participants know how the winner was chosen either random or whatever criteria (which wasn't mentioned).
I mean even in a lottery system chits are rolled out of a container where all the participants' names are present. If you chose on requirement basis then it's fair to say it's biased especially when participating message content requirements weren't mentioned.

Anyways what's done is done, it was a giveaway after all.

Couldn't help but notice that in the OP there's no criteria/requirements mentioned about "how to participate".
To be fair to all members you should have mentioned that messages like "I'm interested" won't be sufficient and members would have to explain their requirement.

I'm sure if that was said earlier then people would have PMed you with appropriate message either genuine or fabricated doesn't matter at that point but it would have been more transparent if it was that way. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying this for myself but for the sake of a fair and transparent giveaway where participants know how the winner was chosen either random or whatever criteria (which wasn't mentioned).
I mean even in a lottery system chits are rolled out of a container where all the participants' names are present. If you chose on requirement basis then it's fair to say it's biased especially when participating message content requirements weren't mentioned.

I repeatedly called and PMed y2s but received no replies so because I was receiving PMs repeatedly to end this giveaway I concluded upon the intent and content of the PMs
Sorry if I hurt anybody in the process.

I repeatedly called and PMed y2s but received no replies so because I was receiving PMs repeatedly to end this giveaway I concluded upon the intent and content of the PMs
You don't need to be sorry about it, you were trying to do the right thing maybe it's your first time doing a giveaway but take it as a learning experience that giveaways such as these are better done transparent otherwise some people get disappointed.

If you are really sorry then call back the keycaps and do a proper give away and the community will be happy just saying .. rest it up to you.

That's a serious accusation to make without proof in an open forum mate.
I don't know how I was picked but I can assure that this is the first interaction and transaction with OP. I just thought I got lucky.

I have no issues to return them to @y2s if he so desires. Unfounded allegations not appreciated.
Here comes the happy person ..this giveaway was not transparent also know one knew we have to pm to win it.. don't wait for @y2s . You do a giveaway in a proper way

Yes,

Now after such a long time, I understand that, I had to send PMs.

Which, wasn't actually mentioned in the first post.

[emoji23] [emoji1787] [emoji23] Hilarious!

Well, I've had my share of Giveaways experiences.
So, no comments

But, next time, I wish anybody doing any giveaway would write down rules, much elaborately & Precisely.

Regards,
FreakyChokra.

After reading all replies . I have no reason to believe the giveaway was fixed. Maybe not the most transparent but I am okay with that. @bssunilreddy has made good effort. Only one member is claiming that this was fixed without any evidence. I will not be interfering further and stand by the decisions taken. I had very clearly empowered OP in this matter and he had full veto on how to run it. I merely gave suggestions. It would therefore be wrong for me to not stand behind his decision at this time.

Maybe we need rules around giveaways. Had a bad experience last time I did a giveaway too with some entitled memebers causing drama.

I did a giveaway too with some entitled memebers causing drama.

Tell me about it. I remember doing a giveaway a long time back. A game code. It was a smooth deal. If I remember, it was @bssunilreddy who got the code (although he didn’t leave any feedback :p) the more recent one was a similar mess.

Makes me wonder if the thing they say about road to hell and what it is paved with, is not entirely untrue!

Also the allegation makes no sense. If Sunil wanted to give it to @dazzwilliams he would have handed it over, and asked y2s to keep the money.

Such an elaborate charade wouldn’t really be needed, no?

Yup had also given OP option to keep the item but he insisted on my suggestion of giveaway. He could’ve just kept it and given it to whenever he chose. But obviously chose to do right by the forum.

Last edited:
We should stop the explanations for people who think they're entitled. It was a giveaway not anyone's right. Sure, not the most transparent of them all but end of the day it was OP's decision.
Let's not drag this anymore...

Back