Who all missed Divinity II

Spectre

Skilled
Folks,
Get this game by whatever means you want to, because its one hell of an RPG game.
The DKS version has the most brilliant GFX of any fantasy RPG game ever released and the gameplay is absolutely brilliant

I would have almost skipped this gem, after checking the lame reviews on GS, IGN and other US websites.
Fortunately i didn't and it delivers a kickass RPG :hap2:
I have now started with the expansion - Flames of vengeance :)

imo, its better than Dragon Age in terms of the gameplay and RPG elements. Story wise Dragon Age is a tad better. DII combat is realtime unlike DA

If you are an RPG fan, you shouldnt miss this game

Aman27deep said:
is it kinda like dragon age?

Will give it a try, why has it got bad ratings? Is it because the game is buggy like hell on release, as was the case with Witcher...

Most european RPGs get bad/average ratings on US gaming sites.
I played the Dragon Knight Saga (more like a gold edition with expansion pack built in). Its a remastered edition with overhauled gfx engine.

In my entire playthorugh, I never had even a single glitch or a crash. Its also a superbly optimized game.
I am able to play @ Full HD with ALL settings cranked up to their highest. There was no slowdown at all.

Aces170 said:
Will give it a try, why has it got bad ratings? Is it because the game is buggy like hell on release, as was the case with Witcher...

This game is absolutely amazing... combat is awesome... no bugs at all... at the end of second part flames of vengeance right now... played non-stop for a week :D

Aces170 said:
Yes, the original Divinity II - Ego Draconis was buggy and the engine performed pretty bad with choppy performance and stability issues. It supposedly uses the same engine as Oblivion and Fallout 3 although it does not feel that way at all. Conceptually, the game does seem to have the recipe for a solid RPG, but the execution was not up to the mark. The game was so poorly executed that the developers themselves felt the need to revamp the engine and build a remastered edition of the original game as part of the Dragon Knight Saga. The difference between the original Ego Draconis and DKS is like night and day.

Lord Nemesis said:
Yes, the original Divinity II - Ego Draconis was buggy and the engine performed pretty bad with choppy performance and stability issues. It supposedly uses the same engine as Oblivion and Fallout 3 although it does not feel that way at all. Conceptually, the game does seem to have the recipe for a solid RPG, but the execution was not up to the mark. The game was so poorly executed that the developers themselves felt the need to revamp the engine and build a remastered edition of the original game as part of the Dragon Knight Saga. The difference between the original Ego Draconis and DKS is like night and day.

Wow, doesnt seem like it uses the same engine, voice acting and character expressions seem really bad, also I just finished a back-to-back playthrough of DA, Fallout 3 and Fallout : New Vegas and now watching their expression during talking pains me a lot, I tend to not look at their faces at all..

However, the gameplay element is really nice, feels like I am playing Rohan Online again, also the Mindread element is a nice touch as well, really liking the game as of now, only downside is the character modelling.

Back