All OS Who exactly is a power user?

I've seen people buy a lot of expensive phones (a lot of people, as of late honestly, have started purchasing expensive phones). Take the iPhone 14 Pro for instance. It's got great cameras (maybe above consumer grade) or the S23 Ultra, which has great specs. But at the end of the day, most people don't utilize it fully and a very select few do. I am just wondering, who are these power users and what do they do? Why do they consider themselves a power user? WHy do they use their phones or purchase expensive ones when they can probably get a good laptop for the same price (more or less)? what kinda people fall under a power user of either an Android or iOS device? I am just curious about these people.

I should also specify that I am not gonna tell people how to spend their money, because it is their money. I am just curious is all.

They are not power users, more like someone who feels they need more power to do what they are doing. Doesn't matter how good they actually are, just matters if they have the desire to get more, at least that's my take lol.

Power user is someone who uses more advanced features, for ex. they have iPhone 14 Pro, but use different app to get manual controls, hook up external mics when recording, uses gimbal, etc

I think it is exactly the opposite, power users are bored of phones, same shit every year. Power users are the one thinking of building a homelab out of the newer Intel Nucs with 12 cores :D

Bunch of kids and grown up kids who make money off social media, by using their mobile/computer A LOT. If one thinks the term itself, to me at least, so hilariously stupid.
e.g. someone who has like 6 social apps open in background continuosly switching between them whilst having a video encoded in background, eventually pushing the hardware of the phone to maximum.

One of friend who is a founder of a travel based company said his average mobile screen time per day is ~6 hours. This is despite carrying a laptop with him. Email, spreadsheets, documents are some of the highly used applications types. His main requirements were a large screen and a good battery backup. He didn't mind buying a phone with 1 lakh budget.

I am not sure who is power user, I am definitely not but I would spend more for better hardware for better User experience. I say this with a reason. I own 2 tablets, one is 2017 Amazon fire hd 10 and one is Samsung Tab A7 and the latter is obviously more powerful. Literally the only things I do on the tablet are...watching offline videos or streaming over local network, watch youtube rarely.
Even for these basic tasks, the amazon is so sluggish to the point I feel like throwing it sometimes while the samsung is very fast which enhances my user experience A LOT.

In terms of processing, fire tablets are the worst of all. they are only good for reading books
I am not sure who is power user, I am definitely not but I would spend more for better hardware for better User experience. I say this with a reason. I own 2 tablets, one is 2017 Amazon fire hd 10 and one is Samsung Tab A7 and the latter is obviously more powerful. Literally the only things I do on the tablet are...watching offline videos or streaming over local network, watch youtube rarely.
Even for these basic tasks, the amazon is so sluggish to the point I feel like throwing it sometimes while the samsung is very fast which enhances my user experience A LOT.

Power user? Who told you most people who buy these phones actually intend to make use of its capabilities? Most people who buy something like a iphone are just doing it to show off, or in richer circles, to save face since everyone else has one.

I don't think any powerusers would use mobile devices as their main platform cuz of how much restrictions they pose both physically and software restrictions.
Most people who buy these just want to have the newest toy and show off and I seriously hate these people cuz of them they don't make 5" phones no more. Seriously all I do on my phone is call, test, browse, take photos why would anyone spend 1lk+ for it idk.

tldr: you are stupid if you spend more than 20k on a phone unless you are using it to record videos and make money from it.

Flagships are not bought by power users but by people who have the money or interest in getting an exponentially better experience.
The moment you pick a flagship phone, the difference between a mid range and flagship is apparent.
Display, cameras and day to day performance are enough justification of the price for many.
Then there are people for whom 1-2 lakh is nothing. These people don't have to think before spending so they buy the best stuff.

Lastly.....

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 66
There is another definition too, Dev/QA team are also power users, but in specific niche sets which pertains to their jobs. Coz sometimes emulators are not an exact copy of the real device. The rest of the users fall under the categories mentioned by previous commentary, users who want a trophy in their pocket to show around the room.

Flagships are not bought by power users but by people who have the money or interest in getting an exponentially better experience.
The moment you pick a flagship phone, the difference between a mid range and flagship is apparent.
Display, cameras and day to day performance are enough justification of the price for many.
Then there are people for whom 1-2 lakh is nothing. These people don't have to think before spending so they buy the best stuff.

Lastly.....
Is it though? Is it an "exponentially" better experience? I doubt it. Most midrange/upper midrange phones (~50k) come with almost flagship displays and chips. The only difference I could see in displays is peak brightness. As for cameras I don't know... that could be subjective but there is a bigger difference I think.

Still I don't think even for a heavy user it would make sense to buy a Rs 100k phones for 3 years instead of buying/upgrading ~Rs 50k phones every 1-2 years. But obviously there are people who won't care to spend Rs 100k every year and they just want the best without caring by how much it is the best. So for those people it's fine. But such people I think are a minority and I don't know how much they come into the discussion about people calling themselves "power" user.

Back