Who is your Fav Author/Writer

I haven't read coelho yet. Grisham and Archer are my favourites, cause I've enjoyed all their books that I've read.
Ludlum is also good. In fact The Bourne Identity is one of my all time fav book. But then I find a lot of his books crap.
Rowling I've voted for, cause I like all 6 of her books. Thats a 100% record!!!
Then theres Alistair Mclean. Where eagles dare, guns of navarone, way to dusty death.....ahhhhhhh!!!!

I am not going to vote coz I need multiple votes.

I like almost all authors(yes... including Franklin W Dixon and Carolyn Keene and Enid Blyton). Actually, I love reading, so I don't mind any book as long as it is interesting.

Actually from the list, the only authors I don't read are RObin Cook and Coelho.
And Erle Stanley Gardener is missing from the list. The Perry Mason series is one of my all time favs

i have read very few books (about 12-13 max) and among them only Robin Cook and Sidney Sheldon are in this list. But I liked Michael Crichton's Airframe.

zhopudey said:
u can give multiple votes.
U love to read, but u cant count....how else did 6 voters give a total of 16 votes?

Sheesh!!

I didn't pay much attention to that..... DAMN!!! I guess I was too distracted after watching LAKSHYA.

Anyway, I voted for all options except Coelho and Cook.

And I do like some books of Crichton but not all. I HATED Airframe. I tried reading it when I was 15 and threw the book aside after the first few pages

All crichton books have very detailed descriptons. If you like the subject, u'll love the book for the awesome research crichton has done. But if not, it'll bore your pants off.
I like all his technical books, but the lenghty descriptions of ways of training monkeys in Congo was a bit too much.

Nikhil said:
I am not going to vote coz I need multiple votes.

I like almost all authors(yes... including Franklin W Dixon and Carolyn Keene and Enid Blyton). Actually, I love reading, so I don't mind any book as long as it is interesting.

Actually from the list, the only authors I don't read are RObin Cook and Coelho.
And Erle Stanley Gardener is missing from the list. The Perry Mason series is one of my all time favs
Ive put the names of the 1s who are more popular in current time :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: .....9 options only u c and 1 option as other.

me too busy to again to read now.. :(
i cant say i m a fan of the above ppl.. i first thot i liked sidney shledon, then after reading one or two books, which i dint like, i turned to others.. so i think the books or the works matter most than the author/writer.
from above i ve read
dan brown's DVC, that TRANSLTR wala,
sidney sheldon's nothing lasts forever, if tomorrow comes, (some others too which i dint like..i wont rate them as best)
john grisham's the partner
and archer's a matter of honour.

and last read book is god of small things by arundhati roy.. it was so related to kerala.. its theme i meant.. and its narration etc.. i wud rate it very good... though i gulped most description parts :p

I like jeff archer frm thta list;; because he can do a wide variety at the sam time.
personal fav is "as the crow flies" and the "11th commnt"

all time fav is charles dickens. espacially fr a book called "Great expectations"

and I do like reading Grisham;who I think is modern day dickens if he gives up his "legal" blurb.

tell u "the testament" frm Grisham is the best novel out i last decade fr me; and nate"o" riely will mak u rck.

p.s. hey I went beyond the topic but do not mind.actually just wanted to speak out on a few favs.

Back