CPU/Mobo Who/Wat messed up the Display ??

pratik.176

Disciple
Bought the Llano a8-3850 (includes ATI 6550D) a week ago , with MSI a75 MA- G55 Mobo . All was Well untill this morning , as i installed the windows 7 64-bit (used 32-bit for a week), & was playing with the resolution of newly installed Rise of Nations , the screen went BLACK ,a couple of beeps from the mobo & the system restarted.

Now, It prompted for some Windows-boot fix as windows could not load . I clicked on it , & after 40 min of searching , it said it was unable to find a solution . I switched it off by the hard button press . When i started it again , there was NO DISPLAY , in-spite of CPU fan , n disk running .Switched from VGA to DVI , restarted many times , but nothing happened .

Popped the hood to find a red hot CPU socket , & the on board graphics card . Took out the RAM CMOS n pluged again . It restarted all right , but i still want to know :-

1. What caused the sudden BlacK OUT ?
2. The screen now flickers white lines at top right sometimes (mostly during web browsing ) . The resolution is set at 1920x1078 .Changing the color bit to 16 stops the flickering . Is this related to using a VGA cable for full HD display ??
3.Changing resolutions of games to unusual options (such as 1600x1400 which might not be a 'screen fit') sometimes makes the screen black for a few secs , before it returns to desktop with a "Don't send" dialog box .

Diagnosis , ANy1 ?

Other info :
Monitor : Dell UltraSharp U2311h
PSU: CM Real Power Pro 450w
RAM : Corsair Vengenace 4GBx1
HDD: WD BLACK 1TB Sata 3

& it refuses to go .
The AMD ppl replaced the mobo , re -installed OS & all drivers . The problem did not occur then , but again started happening now .

After switching back to desktop(1080p) , from warcraft 3 (1280x1024) , faint white lines blinked at the top of the monitor ... the then suddenly all over .
Switched to 16 - bit , changed resolution to lower ones , & it went away . Turning back to 1920 x 1080 , brought them back on .

Has anyone ever experienced something of the sort?

Back