Whos on top in portable audio devices?

jaber

Disciple
Well i just wanted to know which mp3 players most guys here are using and whether apple has the bigger piece of the pie in india aswell.

I think the answer is quite obvious if u consider india as a whole since for most pepole the ipod is the definition of an mp3 player and also due to fact that most companies havent seriously started marketing their products for india at realistic prices:( .So most ppl have no other option other than the ipod due unavailability of other options and also lack of information about them.

However i think i can expect a more diff answer to the question here since most of the guys on this forum know about the other available options and can make a proper choice.:)

So start voting people and lets see if its the ipod that still comes on top or we have a different winner:clap: Also post which quality made u buy your respective players.

I voted cheap chinese cuz its cheap (duh) and got FM. I bought it in Delhi for Rs1300 for 256MB player. Now the 512MB comes for less than 2k.

Raghu.

Should have made this a multi-choice in that case ! I have a Sony and I-river both. :)

Among the branded player apple might have a slightly higher market share but those cheap chinese mp3 players rule the market !

Edit: Added a few options !

@Nkhil ..Same here, This should have been a multi option...I use a Apple and iRiver + One barely used chinese Flash based player

Blade_Runner said:
Among the branded player apple might have a slightly higher market share but those cheap chinese mp3 players rule the market !

I completely agree with u on this ;)
In my college when people came to know about this chinese mp3 player
u wont believe approx 7-8 ppl got that player in a month and the craze continues. :hap2:

although there are ppl in my class who have ipods and irivier.

But looks like chinese rules here :eek:hyeah:

i am iPOD fan.

first iPOD normal then iPOD with photo and now iPOD with video..
video quality is very nice if properly encoded but cables,dock and all is expensive.

what is the price of video ipod in india?

Dont know if its possible but makin this a multi option poll will give a far accurate idea of statistics. So if the mods can do anything pls do!!

what is the price of video ipod in india?

Chennai - Burma Bzr prices:

15,500 for 30 gig video,

20,500 for 60 gig video

ipod, well just gives you brownie points

I like the ipod over the iriver for three simple reasons:

(BTW am comparing the ipod photo 30 with the PMP-120 a/v player)

1- 0 startup time as opposed to ~10 secs for iriver....might sound trivial , but Trust me on this, it matters a lot....

2- Much Quicker & easy navigation compared to the iriver ....This too may sound trivial but since porta players lack the convenience of a search function, this becomes al the more important for people with a large music

collection.....

- Great battery life

BTW the snd quality of a mp3 player is more of a function of the head/earphones that you use...I haven't been able to discern the difference b/w the iriver and ipod sound (at flat equalizer setting using a clean cd rip at a CBR of 192kbps) using a Sony MDR-NC11 (active noise cancelleing ep's)

however, I like the customizable equalizer feature on the iriver which is something th the ipod badly lacks

superczar said:
I like the ipod over the iriver for three simple reasons:
(BTW am comparing the ipod photo 30 with the PMP-120 a/v player)

1- 0 startup time as opposed to ~10 secs for iriver....might sound trivial , but Trust me on this, it matters a lot....

2- Much Quicker & easy navigation compared to the iriver ....This too may sound trivial but since porta players lack the convenience of a search function, this becomes al the more important for people with a large music
collection.....
Very true!!! I agree wholeheartedly...
Superczar said:
- Great battery life

I do not really agree..... The ipod battery drain quite quickly when it is used the way it should be. With the Backlight on for a long time and viewing pics. and with the volume quite high and the EQ settings at Rock or Bass booster.
Superczar said:
BTW the snd quality of a mp3 player is more of a function of the head/earphones that you use...I haven't been able to discern the difference b/w the iriver and ipod sound (at flat equalizer setting using a clean cd rip at a CBR of 192kbps) using a Sony MDR-NC11 (active noise cancelleing ep's)

I dont agree. I am comparing the iFP 790T 256MB flash player and ipod photo 20gig. The sound difference is very obvious to me. I use Sony MDR V700DJ headphones.

The iriver sounds waaaay better in my opinion.
Superczar said:
however, I like the customizable equalizer feature on the iriver which is something th the ipod badly lacks

Oh boy!!! How right you are..... How I wish Apple had that much of brains. This is something very very obvious. They SHOULD have had it on the ipod. And if not on the original, at least the 4th generation. I cant believe that they made 4 different version of the ipod and NONE of them had customizable equalizer feature.

Back