Who's the stupid one..

TheMask

Skilled
its wrong to put all the blame on the dealers alone. the customers (us) are to be blamed to some extent too.. For 2 years I've been "educating" my friends that memory capacity is not important, what matters more is the chipset, and still i dont seem to have convinced them. When i talk about graphics cards on my PC or my friends' PC, the first thing pops to their mind (even now) is "128MB or 256MB?"

For once, we cant just put all the blame on the dealers alone :D

I have a friend in Mysore(not either sunny or Masky :bleh: , nanjangud actually...). He wanted to kow my graphics acrd. And all he wanted to know was the memory.....

I tried telling him that it is not everything....but I think it fell on deaf ears....

Well to be honest most of the dealers here are in this business for the sake of doing business and earn money.
They dont know everything ther is to know about.
There are well knowledged dealers and mind you they get frustrated by the end users.
I have seen buyers asking for 6800Ultra and expecting its price to be below 10K.
I have seen guys asking for uber A64 FX 55 because their friend has uber A64 FX 55 which in reality is A64 2800+ They simply dont know FX is different series and costs a bomb.
I have seen one guy argue with the dealer regarding Asus A8V deluxe accusing the dealer that he cheater the buyer by charging him Rs.7900 for motherboard ( which was actiual price of the motherboard back then). He was yelling at dealer saying there is no way a motherboard costs that much, he was quotes 55K for entire system and he had no problems with that but then he saw detailed bill he flipped out for no reason.

Then i have seen guys going for 6600 256Mb over 6600GT 128 MB only because of 256Mb Ram. They think its better and hceaper card.

Its not that such people exsists only in india. They are there everywhere. 1 guy just upgraded his A64 3000+ to Pentium 4 3.06Ghz because he thought higher clock speed = upgrade at guru3d and then complaining about poor frame rate compared to his earlier machine.
but when people explained him what happened he realised what he did and corrected the mistake he made.
Here this mindset is not seen. People are not willing to change or listen. They always think they know all and what they know is the only correct thing in the world. And many times they sacrifise critical components of system due to budget and invest in unnacessary stuff.

lol...this thread is turning out to be something else but still sticking to the topic "Funny stuff". i rmmbr a very funny incident when i went to a local hardware dealer and asked for logitech optical mouse. guess wat was his reply?? "logitech doesn't manufacture optical mouse" :tongue:

this is only one such incident where you'd feel like a hardware graduate frm oxford university infront of those hardware dealers who're still studying in std. I :bleh:

Funky is right...the customers are just as bad as the dealers. Now, my friend is a sys admin at iit bombay. I told him I was considering buying the FSP PSU for 5K ( sadly, I am not buying that now)...and he thought I was mad!!! He'd never heard of PSUs costing more than 600-800!
And I'm speaking of a sys adm @iit. So you can imagine what the rest are like.

I had a chance of witnessing a customer asking for a config from my dealer.
Dealer: Processor?
Customer: Intel
Dealer: P4 or Celeron?
Customer: I want Intel Processor
Dealer: OK
Dealer: Motherboard?
Customer: Intel Original
(Dealer didnt dare to ask for the chipset.. lol.)
Dealer: Hard Disk?
Customer: Seegate
Dealer: RAM?
Customer: Intel RAM
thats all the info my dealer dared to ask from the customer.. heheh.. To top it all, a customer placed the order for 4PCs and asked for the 'best' dotmatrix printer. the dealer quoted TVS model.. the customer asked for 'better than TVS.' dealer gave him an unbranded printer at a higher cost than TVS ;)

:rofl: :rofl:

This is the true scenario in our country.... :rofl: :rofl:

Also at Anish' post..... Look below.....

AWESOME!!! This should go to the joker's club..... :rofl: :rofl: LMAO LMAO

^^ :rofl:, now check this, witnessed it in Banagalore when I bought my comp,

Dealer : What is you budget ?
Customer : About 40k
D : Well AMD or Intel
C : No, no computer !
D: (Grinning and wrinting the config slip) Fine AMD A64 2800+, and...
C: No way, what crap I want a Pentium 4
D: (Hysterical) Fine P4 3 Ghz, Intel 915...
C: Nah, not Intel,I want Pentium 4 motherboard
D: (About to laugh) Ok, let me write
After completing the config with 512 MB RAM and all for 38k
C: Oh. No this is out of my budget ! How much for Intel Athlon...
The entire shop including me bursts into laughter like this :rofl:

TheMask said:
I had a chance of witnessing a customer asking for a config from my dealer.
Dealer: Processor?
Customer: Intel
Dealer: P4 or Celeron?
Customer: I want Intel Processor
Dealer: OK
Dealer: Motherboard?
Customer: Intel Original
(Dealer didnt dare to ask for the chipset.. lol.)
Dealer: Hard Disk?
Customer: Seegate
Dealer: RAM?
Customer: Intel RAM
thats all the info my dealer dared to ask from the customer.. heheh.. To top it all, a customer placed the order for 4PCs and asked for the 'best' dotmatrix printer. the dealer quoted TVS model.. the customer asked for 'better than TVS.' dealer gave him an unbranded printer at a higher cost than TVS ;)

Lolz order for 4.
Intel Ram ----- When did intel started manufacturing ram.
Thanks God he didnt ask him a Intel Printer.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In another incident, my friend recently had to upgrade his pc,bsaically the mobo and cpu and 512mb ram with a budget of around 8-9K(after seling his existing P3 for about 2-3k givng him about 10-11k to spend).I told I him to call me and I could get him an A64 2800+ with a decent enuf VIA KM800(he wanted on-board everything !),plus he had the agp slot to upgrade his card if needed, easily,but no, he had to have Intel so he got a P4 2.4B with an Intel 'orignal' 845GV board.What a waste!

this happened two days back at Hyderabad's XFX dealer (P.L Overseas)

Me: I want a GFX carD with ....
Dealer: AGP ki PCIx?
Me: AGP
D: 128 ki 256?
Me:err 128..
D: arre chottu..neeche jaake 128 leke aa.

chottu comes back with a FX5200

D: ye besht card hai saab..high selling.
Me: err I dont want this..i want the sixty-six hundred.
D: Woh kya hai saab?
D: Woh kya hai saab? kaunsa company?
Me: XFX re mere baap... sixty-six hundred GT.
D: Woh nahin bantha saab.
Me: Catalogue hai kya?
(shows me the products on the monitor..6600GT is present)
Me: Woh hain naa..dikhra nahin kya?
D: arre Woh!.. double-six double-zero..pehle bolna tha na saab.
chottu..neeche jaake double-six double leke aa.

chottu comes back..turns out be a 6600 plain.

Me: arre yeh nahin..6600GT

Me: *thinking* did i save up for 5 months for this?

walks out of the shop fuming..determined to call up XFX HQ..wherever that is...

what hapened next to my bikes tail lamp is a different story altogether ::mad::

argus_smith said:
this happened two days back at Hyderabad's XFX dealer (P.L Overseas)

Me: I want a GFX carD with ....
Dealer: AGP ki PCIx?
Me: AGP
D: 128 ki 256?
Me:err 128..
D: arre chottu..neeche jaake 128 leke aa.

chottu comes back with a FX5200

D: ye besht card hai saab..high selling.
Me: err I dont want this..i want the sixty-six hundred.
D: Woh kya hai saab? kaunsa company?
Me: XFX re mere baap... sixty-six hundred GT.
D: Woh nahin bantha saab.
Me: Catalogue hai kya?
(shows me the products on the monitor..6600GT is present)
Me: Woh hain naa..dikhra nahin kya?
D: arre Woh!.. double-six double-zero..pehle bolna tha na saab.
chottu..neeche jaake double-six double leke aa.

chottu comes back..turns out be a 6600 plain.

Me: arre yeh nahin..6600GT

Me: *thinking* did i save up for 5 months for this?

walks out of the shop fuming..determined to call up XFX HQ..wherever that is...

what hapened next to my bikes tail lamp is a different story altogether ::mad::
I wanna know!!

Back