OC & Modding why am I unable to cross 3Ghz on E6750..

shashank_r_t

Disciple
Hey guyz...

Plz check the atatchment for the details...

Following is my config...

E6750 @ 3Ghz (Stock cooler)
ASUS P5B Vanilla
Transcend Jet Ram 2x 1GB @ 667 Mhz (Currently on auto settings in BIOS)
Palit 7600GT

Load temp = 43C
Idle Temp = 22-24C

Well I am having a very stable overclock at 3ghz on stock intel cooler... and it passed all the orthos test..

However.. when I pushed it to 3.2 Ghz.. orthos showed errors... I am pretty sure that its not the proccy but the ram... any suggestions regarding the same...

- Shashank

Attachments

• Load.JPG
    Load.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 89
There are plenty of things to consider.

You can always reduce the memory divider.

Even if its 1:1 your ram should be able to do 800Mhz with proper voltage.

But what about the vCore. Its highly unlikely that your chip will do 3.2Ghz at stock volts.

Same goes to the NB voltage.

Notch these up a bit and try again.

P5B vanilla isnt good overclocker, average around 420FSB, U need to increase NB voltages.

For RAM @ 800MHz, supply min 1.95v, 5-6-6-15 for just 760Mhz?? Pass high volt, and RAM is capable of 800MHz 4-4-4-12, Ma Transcend sticks go to 960 5-5-5-15

Increase CPU vCore too, U can disable CPU fan control in BIOS and it will run @ max speed.

Hey Guys... thanks for the replies... :)

@Funky - I did increase the vcore.. but did not increase the ram voltage.. may be thats the issue.. will try that tomorrow..
Will try reducing the memory divider if the ram voltage increase does not help..

@ Punjab234 - Do transcend rams really go that high? or is it only urs ... also urs is a 800mhz or 667mhz.. coz mine is rated at 667mhz..
Will try with 1.95 volts...
Well I intentionally kept the speedstep on in BIOS..as my PC is on at night...
and u sure that TJunction should be 100.. I thought that was applicable for the quad cores only...:huh:

@ Harshal - will post the results may be tomorrow.. ;)

Also was curious abt the Ram.. if I get Transcend 800mhz Ram will it help... or are 800mhz and 667mhz almost similar...

Back