Why DON'T you wear helmet ?

raksrules

Elite
I use a bike for my office commute. I always ensure that i have my helmet put on while riding the bike. Even if i have to go for short distances i use the helmet.
But i have seen many folks not using the helmet at all. At times they do have their helmets on their bike handles but they don't care to wear them. :mad:
I know many of you must be using bikes.
Please state your reason of NOT WEARING the helmet

I plain hate those retards who ride bikes without their helmet/bad quality helmets, i won't buy the statement of the few who says "Short distance". I have seen many who had got injuries even in the "Short distance" and there is a doctor who lost his life when he went for a "Short distance" to buy milk in the morning in his activa. You never know when what'll happen.

Some says that you loose your hair, i don't know how true it is. But i value my head more than the hair i have over it :p. If you value it more then find any other mode of transport.

Saiyan said:
I plain hate those retards who ride bikes without their helmet/bad quality helmets, i won't buy the statement of the few who says "Short distance". I have seen many who had got injuries even in the "Short distance" and there is a doctor who lost his life when he went for a "Short distance" to buy milk in the morning in his activa. You never know when what'll happen.

Some says that you loose your hair, i don't know how true it is. But i value my head more than the hair i have over it :p. If you value it more then find any other mode of transport.

Very much agree with u Saiyan. The first few days u feel that wearing a helmet is uncomfortable. But all those guys just have to understand that its just a matter of getting used to and getting out of your comfort zone. I personally have used the helmet for the past 10 years(after a head injury out of which I thankfully got out alive) and have never experienced any hair-loss whatsoever. Even if it does I do not mind going bald as biking is my passion and helmets are the way of sustaining it!

I hate ppl who go riding 2 wheelers w/o helmet :mad:. Ppl learn to wear the helmet, the hard way.

Here is a recap of one of my friends experience.

My friend was on his way back home. He is a slow rider for most of the time. While he was passing, a guy crossed the road to catch the bus which came at the opposite side of the road. He swinged his arm and it hit his face. My friend got unconscious and when he regained conciousness, he was on the side of the road. Some nice ppl helped him. They brought him coke and pushed the bike aside. But his face bone was broken.:( A talented doctor made a surgery from inside the mouth (aahhh!!)so that there wont be marks on his face. But it cost him a lot of money and pain. He had to drink liquid food for some 3 months:O. Now he wears a helmet even if he goes to buy cigarette from a shop, 300 mts near.

Lesson learned: Wear a helmet even if it is short distance or even if you are a slow rider.

Forget helmets, here Suratis have the worst traffic sense I've seen anywhere!! :|

Riding the bikes on the wrong side. Not switching on the headlamps during night (heard someone telling its cos they fear battery drains out if they switch it on!! What retards!!). Parking right next to the no parking signs. An entire family on the bike with 3 pillions. These're the common sights.

They dont follow the basic rules, let alone use a helmet. :|

i wear a helmet most of the time. but i had a bad habit of leaving home without actually wearing one on the head. instead, i just let it hang from the helmet clamp till i got to the first red light of my route and put it on.
i am happy to say that this bad habit of mine has been fixed thanks to a small accident which knocked me out cold for a few minutes and made me forget everything that had happened from the morning of that day. (one side of my face got scratched pretty bad but it could have been much worse)

so now after that experience i put a helmet on first and then sit on the bike :)

(experience = best teacher you will ever get)

i dont understand the motive of this topic...if every1 here is already wearing an helmet then who are we bashing?
isnt this supposed to be a topic where ppl who DONT WEAR helmet are supposed to post their reasons?:huh:

Quality of the helmet is also that should be highlighted. There are many who buys those breakable helmets just to make sure they arent fined by the traffic police. They do more harm than good.

I don't have bike now... but when I had, I would wear helmet even for shortest distance. For some reason I couldn't think of any reason not to do so. Hell, I would even wear it riding out 3 am in the morning for chaiwala at 400 mtr distance. It's something that feels essential part of riding.

Same thing even now, in car. I am so used to wearing seat-belts, I do it every time no matter how the short the distance.

i wear a helmet to keep off from getting muddy conjunctiva,messed up hair and oh yes..to protect my cranium lol .. i dont actually remember when was the last time i didnt wear a helmet :p

I'm one of the "short distance" guys. I wear specs so it becomes irritating to take it out/wear the helmet/wear the specs

Repeat the process again when I reach destination. However regularly wear it in the city or long rides. Only exception being some occasions on long rides where the road is nice, I like to take the helmet off and enjoy the ride :D

I wear it as a habit, specially after me Leh trip on bike. I have a basic but sturdy STUDDS helmet which fits well, is comfortable.

I always wear a helmet.

I dont care if the other guy's wearing one or not. Why should I bother when he's not bothered about his own life :lol:

Back