Why I Applied for a Uni Card Despite having multiple cards

montsa007

Adept
Hey,

I happen to have multiple credit cards, but by far the best debit card (Yes you read that right) marketed as a credit card is "Uni"

There is 1 more competitor which i know of "Slice" altough they wont accept my application for some reason.

Cred will not accept Uni card & says we don't accept debit cards.

The USP is that you can convert any purchase in 3 EMI's (Interest Free) and if you decide to pay the amount in full you get a flat 1% cashback. Can come handy if you plan to make some hefty purchases but want to keep your bank account happy too.

There is no AMC for it (Atleast the ad says so), lifetime free & the welcome kit was superb, came in a box, had my name's bag tag (Don't use),a UNI Brand mask the quality was very good (which I lost), a mini toblerone chocolate (which my wife ate) & the card itlself, it did come in a box similar to mobile phone, wife was mad at me for a second thinking i ordered a new phone.

Their application system is online & is approved in minutes based on your CIBIL score & entire process is paperless, have hooked up my FIL also, he got 2.4L limit, i happen to have around 70-80K i think.

Do note that it is issued by SBM (State Bank of Mauritius), not sure if it works on international sites.

The app is plain simple & straightforward to use, 1 thing though you have to manually click where it says "Pay in full" to get 1% cashback.

The card is good for hefty purchases, okayish for daily use as there are better cards which offer 1.5 to 5% CB

Back