Why is the AMD 6950xt GPU so much more expensive than the 4070ti

Same is the case with 7900xt and 7900xtx. Both cost over a lakh when the 4070ti costs like 80k. Even in the lower end AMD gpus are way cheaper in US. Like you can frequently pickup 6650xt for $250 but here it's expensive.

Because AMD doesn't care much about updating Indian pricing & stock like in the US. Also, AMD's pricing at launch has consistently been bad at launch here vs US.

Right now AMD has nailed the pricing for 6600, 6650, 6700XT & even 6800XT & those are the best choices for gamers at their respective prices. But that wasn't the case at launch. Also 6800XT has stock issues, under 60k pricing is attractive but not many models are in stock vs say 6700XT. So my guess is they are concentrating on supplying more GPUs to developed countries where these will sell easier.

Also, AMD did lower its production as GPU supply has come down globally, so maybe just part of their cost optimisation strategy.

Just my guesses, I can be wrong.

That might be the case. Also the fact that AMD has very few sales might in India might contribute to that neglect. Nvidia has always dominated people's mindset here. It's true for all countries but more so for India which has only recently seen big boost in GPU sales. I hope they start paying more attention this generation but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Back