Why isn't Dell Studio XPS 9100 Desktop PC available on the Dell website?

kvikram

Skilled
I'm planning to buy an absolutely monstrous PC :eek:hyeah: in April after my 12th public exams are over. All plans of building a PC completely dismissed, I am planning to buy Dell Studio XPS.

So I customized the Studio XPS 7100 to really high levels. As for Video Card, I selected the 1 GB ATI Radeon HD 5870, which is the maximum option available.

However, I am more interested in getting the ATI Radeon HD 5970, not the 5870. The 5970 is available only on Dell Studio XPS 9100, which is not listed on the Dell website, but is available on the US website.

So I need the 9100 for that graphics card. My question is, is the 9100 available on India at all? Is there some other way to get it other than ordering online? If you can't get it now, when will it be available? Will it be available by April? I really hope...

Why do you want to go for a Dell system exclusively, I doubt if it is not listed on the Indian Site about its availability in India.

Why don't you speak to a Dell sales executive and find out :), here are two links do check them out

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

the Dell website doesn't list the XPS 9100, and if you only want to get a branded PC I think this should answer all your queries. Do consider assembled PC's tooas they are cheaper and better VFM, sure there is no dedicated door to door service but you don't pay for warranty and you get so much more on the same price point :)

ALPHA17 said:
Why do you want to go for a Dell system exclusively, I doubt if it is not listed on the Indian Site about its availability in India.

Why don't you speak to a Dell sales executive and find out :), here are two links do check them out

the Dell website doesn't list the XPS 9100, and if you only want to get a branded PC I think this should answer all your queries. Do consider assembled PC's tooas they are cheaper and better VFM, sure there is no dedicated door to door service but you don't pay for warranty and you get so much more on the same price point :)

He could also go with getting it assembled and paying some 500-1000 per annum for onsite support. it would be more expensive than assembling it himself, but cheaper than taking a dell(you wont get complete cover though)

mehrotra.akash said:
He could also go with getting it assembled and paying some 500-1000 per annum for onsite support. it would be more expensive than assembling it himself, but cheaper than taking a dell(you wont get complete cover though)
I thought about saying that but since OP has already made up his mind didn't add it :), yeah at same price point it is much better if it assembled PC + remember regardless of Onsite cover he is without the PC for a whole week or so and if he has it assembled he pops the lid scrounges some RAM and simply replaces it but in case of branded WARRANTY VOID

ALPHA17 said:
I thought about saying that but since OP has already made up his mind didn't add it :), yeah at same price point it is much better if it assembled PC + remember regardless of Onsite cover he is without the PC for a whole week or so and if he has it assembled he pops the lid scrounges some RAM and simply replaces it but in case of branded WARRANTY VOID
just out of curiosity, does changing stuff like RAM,HDD,GPU,etc. void the warranty on branded desktops?

mehrotra.akash said:
just out of curiosity, does changing stuff like RAM,HDD,GPU,etc. void the warranty on branded desktops?
Yeah they come with these stickies which read Warranty Void if Broken on one of the retainers, so nosy parkers like me have no opton but to comply :(, leaves the quaint charm of changing RMA sticks and upping the Graphics Card are to be done ONLY BY a company QUALIFIED Service-guy :(

in case of dell you are allowed to open the case door and you can do many things

but

in case of gfx card the psu in dell 7100 is just 425 W i doubt it will be able to handle a 5970

also when getting the warranty just take care to replace everything with the original

you are not allowed to touch the cpu and psu afaik

btw i have a 7100 with a 1090t and the 5870

Talk to a sales executive/manager directly and ask them for a quotation specifying the configuration you want. While they don't list all the options the website, they do allow you customize the PC to your liking and will give you a personalized quotation for the same. For instance I asked them for a quotation for a custom configuration some years back. There were many components like an Radeon X800 and a Audigy ZS in my configuration that were not available in any of the pre-configured PC's and other configuration options provided on the web site, but they readily provided we with a quotation. The catch however is that you should be ready to pay dearly for it. Expect to pay an 80% premium over a similar configured assembled system. I was given a quotation of 1.31 Lac for my config and I ended up building a much better config with a lot of additional extras for 80k.

Back