Camera Why Micro SDHC Cards with Adapter is not preferred in Digital Cameras?

Hi,

This question has been bugging me for very long:
Why can't we use Micro SD Cards with Adapter in Digital Cameras.

I saw Sandisk 16 GB Ultra Class 10 Micro SDHC card for Rs.700-750/- and wanted to enquire why SD cards are preferred in Digital Cameras.
The above mentioned card has close to 30 Mb/s read and write speeds.

Is using the card with Adapter affects speed and performance? If not then what is the justification for using similar speed SDHC cards which I find are costlier.
ultra_microsdhc_uhs-i_u1_16gb_hr_clas_10.jpg

Even I am stuck with going with sd or micro sd with adapter. This is a super deal on tradus.

samsung 16 gb class 6 only for 470 after applying coupon.

Buy Online Samsung 16GB Class 6 Micro SD card With Micro SD Card Reader. Shop from tradus.com MCA0000004785659

already using one 8gb for my phone since 3 months. no issues yet.

You are adding another point of failure, and when you can get a decent SDHC card cheap I don't see any reason to go down the micro SD + adapter road.

Transcend SDHC 16GB Class 10 Memory Card | Memory Card | Flipkart.com

i prefer normal SD for my camera... because i HATE MIDDLE MEN... :p

but on a serious note..i havent tested a micro sd with adapter on my camera..but a direct interface between the camera and mem card(normal SD card) just seems better..instead of adding another link (read: adapter) in between...

and as i have no use for a micro-sd.. i just stick to a good ole SD card.. :)

My friend had a SD adapter + Micro SD for his point and shoot. The adapter got stuck in the slot and now he's left with no choice but using Micro SD only.

Back