Wi-fi AP heating issues

I have an old D-link 2100AP wireless access point and managed to mod it using this guide Nameless Wireless Network :: How to increase DWL-2100AP Power and Frequency Range

It now gives me 90% signal strength when using a psp from one floor down :eek:hyeah: . But now summers have started and it randomly reboots and doesn't transmit any signal . I've stuck on a old heatsink on few of the chips in it and it's still scalding to touch and i need to add a small 40mm fan onto it now. Can anyone please help as to where i should place the fan and how to power it ?

Here's a pic:

Capture051.jpg

coolraghav said:
I think you shud have got solar fan :rofl:

lawlness. its no use increasing the frequency and power so much, coz first of all your router will die very fast no matter how many fans you install. and i had also read on openwrt sometime back that increasing power and frequency only increases the wireless noise, so whatever ur trying to do is st00pid :p

@broar94- Yea , even i thought so earlier but surprisingly it's been working well during the winter season.

Yup applied thermal paste with some a drop of super glue. Can't you solder it to the power plug ? since it wont take much power anyway.

Back