Monitors Widescreen LCD monitor doubt

Vince

Boogie-Man
Skilled
Ok, so i bought a Viewsonic vx1932. great for watching those WS movies.. but everything else(like desktop, browser,etc) seems a bit stretched :S any thing(eg. settings) i can change?

set the resolution in the display properties to 1440*900 (you have to first install the VGA and monitor drivers)

PS. Can you post a screenshot pls.

didnt u install the drivers tht came with the display? :p Once u install it, all u have to do is choose 1440x900@60hz from display properties. (the manual advises not to go higher than 75hz) also choose sRGB in color adjust menu for the monitor(the default setting is 6500k)..it gives the best results..:D

Btw, i got the VG1930wm...the long waiting period for the dell was killing me and i needed a display asap...quite happy with the quality of this display... movies look gr8 on it..colors are crisp and thr is no ghosting at all..:D

This happened with one of the displays at work...A Samsung 940bw which just refused to shw up WS resolutions no matter what...Tried reinstallin video card drivers, monitor drivers et all...even tried it nwith 2 other machines...but to no avail...

Finally sent it to the admin guys n dnt kn what happened next...

Hope smthing wrks out for u Vince...

The older Intel chipsets don't have support for widescreen resolutions. Had to repeatedly bang my head before realising that the resolutions are hardcoded in VBIOS, they don't read the Monitor EDID directly. They updated the 965 BIOS to include 1440x900, but not 1680x1050.

Stupid idiots at Intel. Not that I use the onboard graphics myself.

To OP: Try a BIOS update, you may get lucky but IDK if they support the boards anymore. There are tricks to get it but you have to go registry hacking and manually editing the EDID information in the driver system files. Not a pleasant thing to do.

Better get a cheap gfx card like the 7100gs or the 7300gs...i hope ur mobo has a pci slot...but if what saiyan says is true and u have a 845 based mobo and has an agp slot instead, then get the 6200 agp version...but i'm not sure if its available yet..:p

Nope, Powerstrip is not supported on these chipsets. It doesn't even detect the chipset as the hardware IDs are not given out by Intel. The only solution is an add-in card.

Write to those dumbasses at Intel, ask them if there's a BIOS update for your board that adds the widescreen resolutions. If not, then you need to buy a card or live with the blur and stretch.

Back