CPU/Mobo Wierd Issue with 2 different PCs with similar configs

if you are having SSD/HDD do a checkdsk /f /r on all partitions .If you have HDD unplug and try to re create the scenarios faulty hdd are sometime the culprits.if this also doesnt solve the issue than you have to start isolating individual peripheral component.

Well than i would recommend keep all of your voltages on stock and than underclock your cpu to lets say 2 ghz and no autoboost etc same for CPU ,GPU rams and what not .Than re create the scenario. If it works .Than bring back your cpu to stock settings re-test . oc /whatever you were running it tune it retest per peripheral which are not runnig at stock settings.
Thanks, will try to see what happens. My PSU is at the service centre now and my friend is out of town so not much happening atm.

Update: PC 2 was unable to run any games maxed out. Despite the GPU's PSU requirement being stated as 750w, multiple 850w units were tried and the issue persisted. Adding a 1050w PSU seems to have solved the issue. Very strange. I know transient spikes are know to cause the issue but they don't happen all the time and are not too easy to reproduce so I don't think it was the issue, but who knows?!

Back