Wierd Problem with Torrent Downloads

su30mki117

Disciple
Weird Problem with Torrent Downloads

I have a BSNL broadband connection (512 kbps unlimited). When I try to download torrents (I use uTorrent), the download rate keeps oscillating. The download rate reaches a peak of about 70 KBps, stays around that for some time (about 2 mins) and then falls back to about 10 KBps (again for about 2 mins). This keeps repeating. This has become very annoying. Using other torrent clients didn't make any difference.

Any suggestion will be helpful.

Re: Weird Problem with Torrent Downloads

It happens sometimes especially with public trackers. I think you havent configured your client (utorrent) as per your connection settings. Have you opened the port on your firewall and router ? Do you receive any error from tracker ?

Wow at last a reply after so many days!! I had forgotten this thread :p.

I have configured uTorrent properly, I was using it without any problem for the past few years, and this problem appeared all of a sudden out of nowhere. I have forwarded my port properly.

Anyways, I am using BitComet now without any problem and it indicates that the port has been forwarded properly, so no problems with that. But uTorrent still doesn't work, but I am not bothered much since BitComet is working like a charm.

Try private trackers and report if same issue persists. Try changing the port number and also ensure that on bottom on utorrent window you get the green tick which says port is open.

Back