wierd shadow in games

heman

Disciple
hey guys ,,recently started having wierd shadows in some games like GTA 4 , mirrors edge, stalker clear sky etc......
i searched the net but couldnt find anything......
in stalker these disappeared if i enabled static shadows ..but they still persist in other games......
also did a fresh windows install. ..still no solution...its really annoying .:mad:
heres a screen shot -

these appear to move with player movement..

my specs - core 2 duo e7300
asus p5kpl cm
4gb ram ddr2
9600gt using 181.22 drivers (temp idle -- 44 .. max --54-53)
any ideas ??

thanks for the reply guys .....is this got smthing to with graphics card or monitor or ram??? any solutions for it??
my pc is just a month old///:(

heman said:
thanks for the reply guys .....is this got smthing to with graphics card or monitor or ram??? any solutions for it??
my pc is just a month old///:(

banding...is it really any artifact? is it not a method to render soft shadows...?

On which Resolution u play game ???

I also face this problem when i play GTA 4 at 1024X768 Res.Then i play GTA4 at 1280X1024 Res. till now no problem occure.

i think it happens cause of monitor not being able to give good color reproduction on screen. most probably you cant do anything about it.

well for me the problem only comes in some games like grid not in mirrors edge or other games is this something i have to be worried about??

This prob isnt most probably caused by refresh rate.
sid_donnydarko said:
try playing with the refresh rates to see if it solves your problem
This could be something with the card, either hardware malfunction or driver corruption. If i were you i'd have just given a try by reformating the whole OS and then see if still the issue persists (before replacing the card) if none of the troubleshooting works out.

finally was able to reduce the problem in mirrors edge.....changed ShadowFilterRadius from 2 to 10 ....dnt know what it does but the lines have dissapeared :hap2: ..heres a screenshot

now will trying playing with gta 4 settings...

Cool, u got that setting in the game or nvidia control panel.. put some more lights on it.

Also do let know if the problem is solved completely and totally with all the games.
heman said:
finally was able to reduce the problem in mirrors edge.....changed ShadowFilterRadius from 2 to 10 ....dnt know what it does but the lines have dissapeared :hap2: ..heres a screenshot

now will trying playing with gta 4 settings...

edited the TdEngine located in My Documents\EA Games\Mirror's Edge\TdGame\Config ..... so far its for mirrors edge only ....gta 4 still has the problem....:(

Back